Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you sacrifice in your endeavor to obtain a green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you sacrifice in your endeavor to obtain a green card?

What did you sacrifice in your endeavor to obtain a green card? Was it worth it in the end?

I paid a hefty price so far and I have one year left to wait:
    3 years of career stagnation
    3 years of living near NYC for work, I am not a city person
    1 year of not being able to travel outside of the country, even for a vacation

I could have lived anywhere in Europe, Australia or New Zealand without restrictions or sacrifices. I came to the USA because of the perception of improved career opportunities in the technology sector, I really hope it is worth it in the end...... What if I wasted my time?

Originally posted by user8981212122121 View Post
    What did you sacrifice in your endeavor to obtain a green card? Was it worth it in the end?

I paid a hefty price so far and I have one year left to wait:
    3 years of career stagnation
    3 years of living near NYC for work, I am not a city person
    1 year of not being able to travel outside of the country, even for a vacation

I could have lived anywhere in Europe, Australia or New Zealand without restrictions or sacrifices. I came to the USA because of the perception of improved career opportunities in the technology sector, I really hope it is worth it in the end...... What if I wasted my time?
    Honestly, it is up to you - if you feel something is worth it, then go for it. else, do something else. Everyone here is in for their own particular reasons, to be closer with child, parents, grandchild, potential career move, discovering new environments etc. Only you can answer this yourself.

Once you got your GC, you can share with everyone whether it is worth the sacrifice or not (Quora had a lot of question like yours - you can read some of the answers there)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X