Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EB2 Advanced degree green card India - Quicker ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 Advanced degree green card India - Quicker ???

Hello,
    First time posting.

The company I'm working for is sponsoring my permanent residency. I have the I140 approved and waiting for my date (Jan 2013) to become current.

When my company started the process they gave me the choice to choose the attorney. So, I went with a reputable immigration law firm that happened to be within a few hundred meters from my company. Recently, there has been some restructuring in my company and the HR person from the corporate office had instructed my attorney' office to transfer my case to another law firm that handles all my company' legal needs.

I've been happy with my current attorney and wanted to see if I could convince corporate to keep using them. One of the reasons the HR from corporate told me is that if we went with the new firm, they might be able to fast track my application as they have some clout in Washington and DHS. When I first heard it, I almost laughed at her face thinking how little she knows and at the same time felt a little apprehensive knowing that this person who knew so little is going to be corresponding with the new law firm on my case. I told her that it does not work like that and no matter who you know or what you do, the EB2 advanced degree process is pretty immutable.

She repeated that she is sure the new firm will be able to fast track it. Now, even though I'm confident that this is not possible, knowing how crazy and complex immigration laws are in this country, I wanted to see if any of you had ever heard of a law firm fast tracking an EB2 advanced degree employment based green card.

Thanks for your time.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X