No announcement yet.

USCIS will not accept I-151 greencard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS will not accept I-151 greencard.

I was issued a greencard back in early 1977. The card has no expiration date. It is a I-151. I was told by the Social Security Administration that I needed to get a new card to get my social security benefits. I am current with my taxes. I filled out the I-90 on 4/4/2013, made my payment. I was given an appointment with USCIS. At the appointment the lady said they could not find my application and she took my greencard away. I do not know what to do at this point. Anyone have any ideas? I have a valid passport and license. I have a social security number-- I just need a greencard.

Contact your Congressperson to intervene on your behalf

File a complaint with the USCIS Ombudsman against the field officer who took away your green card

This is ridiculous. It is USCIS's job to search the archives to find your records

Comment

Well, did they deny your I-90? or is it still pending? If it is still pending, you should be able to get an I-551 stamp to use in the interim.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Submit a new I-90.

--Ray B

Originally posted by koppelmeyer View Post
        I was issued a greencard back in early 1977. The card has no expiration date. It is a I-151. I was told by the Social Security Administration that I needed to get a new card to get my social security benefits. I am current with my taxes. I filled out the I-90 on 4/4/2013, made my payment. I was given an appointment with USCIS. At the appointment the lady said they could not find my application and she took my greencard away. I do not know what to do at this point. Anyone have any ideas? I have a valid passport and license. I have a social security number-- I just need a greencard.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X