Birth Certificate with Step Mother name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate with Step Mother name

Request your advice on the following matter.
    When I was very young my biological mother demised and later my father married again to my step mother. Without knowing much about what it will lead to, I included my Step Mother's name in all legal documents Birth Certificate, Pan Card, Passport, Visa, etc.

Recently my employer agreed to sponsor the employment based Green Card for me. For GC documentation I have to submit “mother's affidavit for late birth registration”, this affidavit explicitly state “xxxxx was delivered by me”.

Can my step mother sign this affidavit? To support this I have birth certificate with my step mother name. Another issue with this is my step mother age is 14 at the time of my birth, I am not sure does it legally matter at all.

Is it ok to correct birth certificate with my biological mother name, what could be implications with other documents having my step mother name like passport, visa etc..

Please advice.
    bvmk

Which mother's name is on your certified government-issued long form birth certificate? This is the name you should be using.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X