Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospect f1/family preference class/ expert's wanted/2years.struggling!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospect f1/family preference class/ expert's wanted/2years.struggling!!

Hello everyone, first of all, pardon my english. I'm new in this process and I hope to clear my doubts.

Michael/29 years old/unmarried/citizen of Dominican Republic/ Living outside USA/ My Father (US citizen, living in Puerto Rico) will be the petitioner = f1 prospect

As I read on USCIS web page the only FORM I need to send by now is I-130

You need to know a story before my questions :

Let's say my Grandfather's name is "Raul Fernandez Sosa", my father's name on the birth certificate NOW is "Lucas Sosa Cruz" Which is incorrect cause it should be "Lucas Fernandez Cruz"...As incredible as it seems...We don't really know since when it change cause when my father look for his birth certificate to obtain the USA citizenship (years ago) it was correct. It used to be "Lucas Fernandez Cruz"...

The "problem" is that my father before did ask me to look for his current birth certificate to make the petition. I've been trying to solve it since like 2 years ago, I couldn't find any prove in here that "Lucas Sosa Cruz" wasn't his name, I even explain the organization who is in charge of it that he is already a Citizen of USA and his Citizenship says his correct name because at that time his birth certificate was correct. We couldn't keep searching for proofs like my grandfathers documents cause it did not appear...Anyways, a negligence of the institutes in charge of it, it is common in here to encounter those kind of problems in documents of the people from that time.

Anyways, I got tired asking my father that if there is another way, like for example showing his USA citizenship (it says his correct name), his answer was no, the lawyer needed that specific document...I forget about it for those years, I wasn't really excited about leaving my country, but NOW I really want to, specially to give my future family a better quality of life...At that moment I didn't understand the language as now. So I decided to be in charge of my own petition procedures (My dad doesn't know too much english, just the basic) enter to the web page and read the requirements to obtain the green card.

I found This:
    Required Documentation >

Evidence of your U.S. citizenship:
    A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport OR
    A copy of your naturalization certificate OR > As you read upward this was my headache from long time
    A copy of your certificate of citizenship

I'll try to explain my case organizing my questions in numbers, expecting the answers on the same pattern.

Questions:

1. Due to my problem with his birth certificate, We got the first and the last requirements. 1.1 Am I right when I do believe that when it says "OR", He can present any of those documents, whichever he desires to?

2. May I be the person who filed the documents to its final destination, I mean... if It has to be sent necessarily by me or is it mandatory to be sent by the petitioner?

3. Lets assume I'll be the one who send it, got to be to Chicago IL, or here at USA Embassy (As I read on the USCIS's web page).... otherwise my father (petiotioner) has to send it to Phoenix, AZ. ...

3.1 Which one of those three options (Illinois, Arizona, or USA Embassy in my country) may give me the acceptation of the Form I-130 and faster?

3.2 Explain Answer 3.1....What are the considerations I need to know to decide which state is better and the one which makes me wait the less that is possible when USCIS will then send the approved petition to the Department of State’s National Visa Center...
    (I'm afraid they work with petitions sending by an USA state faster than if I send it through my own country, cause everything works slow in here, they may believe "they don't care if we last a lil' bit more, its their way to live anyhow"...

4. My sister has a son, but is not marry, she lives in free union with her man, is she f1 family preference (cause there are not papers of marriage)?

Thank you all for your patience and support, I'll be glad to read your responses!

1) "or" means "or", so yes, he can submit merely a copy of his US passport

2) you can be his mailing agent, but it is his petition, he must sign it, and the requirements of filing pertain to him

3) he resides in Puerto Rico, so he will file in Phoenix

4) she is F1 family preference, because she is an unmarried child of a US citizen

Comment

On the instructions of the I-130 form says:

--"Type or print legibly in black ink". When it says type...
      1. It can be filled on the pdf format (by computer) or is it mandatory to be handwritten ?

--"typewritten name in place of a signature is not acceptable".--- I'm confused cause the first intruction says "type" (I guess it means type by computer) but later says the signature can't be typewritten (not by computer)....
      2. Will my petitioner filled all the blank boxes typed on a computer and the signature will be handwritten, is it not weird? two different formats in one form?
      2.1 can't be cursive handwritten right? has to be print handwritten mandatory?

--Family Name. Here in my country it is used to have two last names
      3. Should he use the U.S format (only one last name) on his and the beneficiary's blank box items? or for me two last names, and for him one (considering he is U.S citizen)

--Interpreter-preparer
      4. is it right if I sign the signatures as the interpreter-preparer (considering I'm the beneficiary) or should I look for another english-spanish interpreter?

--I'm planning to fill all of it (with my father on the phone) and then send it to him
      5. can he do a copycat of the entire document and not to mention any interpreter (he doesn't comprehend english language) , is that action ok?

--The steps in "how to apply" says that in my case it's only needed to file I-130 form...But while I read the instructions about that form, it says that he has to submit the evidence of his US citizenship and the proofs of our relationship (documents). It confused me....
      6. Are those evidences need to be filed with the I-130 form at the same time (if yes, what else am I missing?) or will they ask for them after I receive the acceptation of that petition?

7. what type of envelope paper it is needed to be filed? (size, type, color) is there any specification?

Thank you all! I'll be patiently waiting for you to clear my mind
      Last edited by Michael16; 10-08-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

If the documents need to be translated, in my case from spanish to english...Can I do it by myself? if yes.....how to translate the stamps on a certificate?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X