Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expedite EAD process and work authorization in EB1 concurrent filing(I-140 and I-485)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedite EAD process and work authorization in EB1 concurrent filing(I-140 and I-485)

Hi,

My employer is filing my EB1 by 15-Oct-2017 with concurrent filing of I-140 & I-485.

I am currently on H1B and the I-94 expires by 23-Dec-2017. I have checked with my attorney to explore options of early filing of I-140 but it seems the filing needs to happen concurrently considering my current non-Immigrant visa status.

I have summarized my queries and would appreciate a response to plan my next steps with attorney -

1. Is premium process allowed on I-140 filing cases in EB1 category(concurrent filing)? I am worried on my work authorization status that could be impacted by 23-Dec-2017(I-94 expiry) and EAD approvals may not be available when I-94 expires.

2. Can EAD(I-765) and AP(I-131) be filed along with I-140 & I-485 in EB1 concurrent filing process? I am looking at options to keep my work authorization status valid during the course of my GC process.

3. One expert has said if EAD is filed prior to H1B expiry(23-Dec-2017), it will keep my work authorization status valid with "current Employer" and after actual EAD approval , my work authorization status becomes independent of any employer. Assuming EAD approvals take 90 days(3 months), can I maintain my work authorization with current employer on the basis of EAD receipt# after 23-Dec-2017?

4. My attorney is going with concurrent filing of my I-140 & I-485 which mandates me & dependents to stay in US for at least 6 months and movement outside US will disqualify my I-485. I am looking for options to have travel readiness by 05-Feb-2018, hence want to initiate I-131 along with concurrent EB1 filing. Is this allowed as per USCIS process?

I am seeking information by what stage of my attorney can file for AP and EAD and what is a typical duration for these applications.
    Any informed responses on my queries would be appreciated so I can take them for discussion with my organization and lawyer.

Regards,
    Shreyabrata

Expedite EAD process and work authorization in EB1 concurrent filing(I-140 and I-485)

Originally posted by shreyabrata View Post
    Hi,

My employer is filing my EB1 by 15-Oct-2017 with concurrent filing of I-140 & I-485.

I am currently on H1B and the I-94 expires by 23-Dec-2017. I have checked with my attorney to explore options of early filing of I-140 but it seems the filing needs to happen concurrently considering my current non-Immigrant visa status.

I have summarized my queries and would appreciate a response to plan my next steps with attorney -

1. Is premium process allowed on I-140 filing cases in EB1 category(concurrent filing)? I am worried on my work authorization status that could be impacted by 23-Dec-2017(I-94 expiry) and EAD approvals may not be available when I-94 expires.

2. Can EAD(I-765) and AP(I-131) be filed along with I-140 & I-485 in EB1 concurrent filing process? I am looking at options to keep my work authorization status valid during the course of my GC process.

3. One expert has said if EAD is filed prior to H1B expiry(23-Dec-2017), it will keep my work authorization status valid with "current Employer" and after actual EAD approval , my work authorization status becomes independent of any employer. Assuming EAD approvals take 90 days(3 months), can I maintain my work authorization with current employer on the basis of EAD receipt# after 23-Dec-2017?

4. My attorney is going with concurrent filing of my I-140 & I-485 which mandates me & dependents to stay in US for at least 6 months and movement outside US will disqualify my I-485. I am looking for options to have travel readiness by 05-Feb-2018, hence want to initiate I-131 along with concurrent EB1 filing. Is this allowed as per USCIS process?

I am seeking information by what stage of my attorney can file for AP and EAD and what is a typical duration for these applications.
    Any informed responses on my queries would be appreciated so I can take them for discussion with my organization and lawyer.

Regards,
    Shreyabrata
    Hi All - Can someone help me with some answers to my queries

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X