Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will entering the dv-lottery affect my future tourist visas(ESTA or B2) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will entering the dv-lottery affect my future tourist visas(ESTA or B2) ?

Hello Everyone,
    I'm travelling to the US next month with the ESTA authorisation(the latter have been approved). My boyfriend(UK)*is already in the US with a Work visa, and I'm planning a 3 month holidays to visit the US(Ive never been yet) as well as seeing him and some friends. I have no idea on our future plans (meaning Will I find a job and apply for a H1B? Will we decide to do long distance for a year and I'll just come over on non-immigrant visas and decide later*?) This is all unclear at this moment(mostly because I don't know the possible options)*and as the DV-lottery is on,*I'd like to apply for it.

So in this specific moment, I have NO intent of immigration but just testing the situation and see what is possible in the future month-coming year.

My questions are*:

1. Will entering the DV-lottery affect my entry in the US (at the airport) next month ?
    2. Will entering the DV-lottery affect my future visit visas(ESTA,B2 and so on) ?
    3. Will entering the DV-lottery affect possible work visa ?(H1B)

As I currently have no intent of immigration as we are at a testing phase of the*situation and only studying options, I just want to check all possibilities to not get my futures entries in the US territory denied.(better safe than sorry)

Thank you for your advices !

no,no,no - if you "win" and are approved, you would return on that visa.

don't tell anyone at immigration you are doing anything but having a holiday!

you didn't specify what country *you* are from.
    Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
    Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
    Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X