Wedding once K1 Visa is obtained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding once K1 Visa is obtained

I have received my K1 Visa and will be moving to the USA shortly to get married, which is great news and very exciting!!

But we are now in the process of planning the wedding and we are trying to plan everything as quickly as possible while also making sure it will all be done legally and will not interfere with my application for my green card afterwards. My fiancé and I really want to have one of our close friends officiate the ceremony, but we were wondering if that could cause any problems with USCIS and if it will be recognized as a legal wedding? Our is currently going through all the procedures with the website AMM (American Marriage Ministries) in order to become a minister through them, and most sources online say that this should be enough, but we just want to be certain that this wont cause any problems for us later on. We will be getting married in the state of Ohio.

Has anyone else getting married with a K1 Visa had a friend officiate the ceremony, or does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you!

Originally posted by mi.re View Post
    I have received my K1 Visa and will be moving to the USA shortly to get married, which is great news and very exciting!!

But we are now in the process of planning the wedding and we are trying to plan everything as quickly as possible while also making sure it will all be done legally and will not interfere with my application for my green card afterwards. My fiancé and I really want to have one of our close friends officiate the ceremony, but we were wondering if that could cause any problems with USCIS and if it will be recognized as a legal wedding? Our is currently going through all the procedures with the website AMM (American Marriage Ministries) in order to become a minister through them, and most sources online say that this should be enough, but we just want to be certain that this wont cause any problems for us later on. We will be getting married in the state of Ohio.

Has anyone else getting married with a K1 Visa had a friend officiate the ceremony, or does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you!
    As long as you obtain a marriage license and the minister is licensed to perform the ceremony, you will not have any problems.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X