Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling to India through Frankfurt Airport(Germany) with an expired US VISA Stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India through Frankfurt Airport(Germany) with an expired US VISA Stamp

Indian Passport Holder
    Passport Expiry Date: July-2018
    H-1B VISA Stamp on Passport Expired in: Aug-2016
    I-797 approved till July-2019

I am going for VISA Stamping in India, but read a lot or posts on Internet which say that I need to arrange an Airport Transit VISA for the LAYOVER at Frankfurt(Germany).

I have tried calling the Lufthansa umpteen times and every time I was told to contact the German Consulate.

Please refer to the following document on the Germany Consulate website:

Although, India is listed as a country that requires an Airport Transit VISA, but it is worth reading Point #2 under exceptions.

Exceptions: Nationals of the above named countries Do NOT require an airport transit visa if

1. they hold a valid visa for the United States of America, or

2. they hold a used valid or expired visa issued by the USA and return from the USA and travel to a non-Schengen Member State
    {This is exactly my situation, I have a used(because I travelled to US) expired VISA issued by USA and I am returning from USA to India(which is a non-Schengen state)}

Is India considered as a non-Schengen State?

Am I required to obtain an Airport Transit VISA?

I was able to travel to India through Frankfurt, on an expired US H-1B VISA stamp, without any issue whatsoever.

Please refer to the attached screenshot of Lufthansa website while performing online check-in >>> Pay close attention to the underlined parts.Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-10-PHOTO-00000043.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	590660

Comment

As of the new rules published on April-2019, people CAN NOT travel with Expired H1B even you have valid I-797

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X