Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa approved during single and now want to apply for L2 visa

Hi Guys,

My L1-B visa was approved in September, during the time when I was still single. I am planning to travel to US during November end. Meanwhile my marriage is fixed on November 10, so I am planning to get married and take my wife along with me. I had filled DS 160 as single and completed all the process. Now I have to apply for visa for my dependant now itself and schedule a date after our marriage for her visa interview. Please let me know what I should do now. Should I fill a separate DS160 for her? How can I link hers with mine. I am not sure how to proceed further. Please help me with the procedure to follow now. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by magesh0224 View Post
    Hi Guys,

My L1-B visa was approved in September, during the time when I was still single. I am planning to travel to US during November end. Meanwhile my marriage is fixed on November 10, so I am planning to get married and take my wife along with me. I had filled DS 160 as single and completed all the process. Now I have to apply for visa for my dependant now itself and schedule a date after our marriage for her visa interview. Please let me know what I should do now. Should I fill a separate DS160 for her? How can I link hers with mine. I am not sure how to proceed further. Please help me with the procedure to follow now. Thanks in advance.
    Yes, you will have to fill a separate DS-160 for her. Technically there is no need/possibility to "link" her DS-160 to your old one now. In her L2 DS-160 your L1 petition number would be mentioned and she will have to attend the interview on her own. She would need to carry the marriage certificate, marriage photos , and your L1 documents (passport, visa copy, L1 petition).

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X