Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on PERM and next steps

Hi All,

I need some clarity on PERM filling and subsequent green filing process. My case is little complicated, please read on..

I am working with Employer A for past 10 years out of which last 5 years in us (h1b). Finally my company decided NOT to file to green card for me, i just got to know about this. I have only 2 months for 5 years to complete in usa and another 1 year to complete my 6 years in us.

I found another company B who is ok to file PERM for me now and take up green card process while I work for company A. Here is where things get complicated for me. My current h1 visa is coming to an end in end of december and i need to start my extension process ASAP with my current employer.

Following are my questions:

1.Will filing PERM with employer B while work for employer A cause any issue in the future? Would my current company come to know of this?
    2. Is it legal/ ok to file GC from employer B while i continue to work for employer A? Will this cause any issue with my current employer?
    3. What happens my i140 gets approved and i am continuing in USA waiting for my extension approval to come from my employer A? Do i need to leave employer A and join employer B ? Would this mean i would be out of status and leave the country and come back with a valid visa?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X