EB1 Green Card as professional actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1 Green Card as professional actor

I'm an actor and I was previously based in the US on an O-1 visa. For my initial application/approval I used an immigration attorney. I managed to self submit an extension for one year without using a lawyer.

I'm no longer in the US as my visa has expired - almost a year now.

I'm now looking to apply for the EB1 green card. I have been advised that I should be eligible and should have a good case. I want to file and submit myself, so I want to clarify any prerequisites, or points I should be aware of.

Things to note:

My original visa has expired. I'm NO LONGER in the USA. So I would be submitting from my home country (Ireland). Is that a problem?

The O-1 requires a job offer, or deal memo. From what I've read, this isn't a requirement for the EB1 and I would not need a manager/sponsor. Is that correct?

What forms are required? The USCIS website seems to suggest that the I-140 is the only one that's needed. Is that correct? Besides that, will I only need to send my supporting documents/letters of recommendation etc?

Any help at all would be really appreciated. Thank you!

I would use an attorney for this, in particular one with a strong track record of obtaining EB-1 for actors & entertainers

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X