Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Interview - need help!

Hi, guys, I need your advice here.
    We had our marriage based interview at uscis office last Wednesday, IO told us she will go over my medical exam and if there is no problem she will go ahead and approve our case, we should receive GC in one week or two. We were expecting online status change since then. But it's been 6 days since our interview and our case online status is still pending!!! This drives me crazy. I know my medical exam has no problem, even it has, we are suppose to receive REF, but till now, not even a word! I'm desperate.
    Anyone have same situation or can give any help??????

[QUOTE=CindyC;527332]Hi, guys, I need your advice here.
    We had our marriage based interview at uscis office last Wednesday, IO told us she will go over my medical exam and if there is no problem she will go ahead and approve our case, we should receive GC in one week or two. We were expecting online status change since then. But it's been 6 days since our interview and our case online status is still pending!!! This drives me crazy. I know my medical exam has no problem, even it has, we are suppose to receive REF, but till now, not even a word! I'm desperate.
    Anyone have same situation or can give any

I can only tell you that the website is not trustworthy. They do not update it at all times, so don't worry about what you see online.

Comment

Originally posted by CindyC View Post
      Same here!! Our interview was last Tuesday and still no update yet. The IO told us she will review my case that afternoon but she said 4~8 weeks for decision. I am assuming she would have a decision or RFE at least. But also nothing. Let's hope they won't be that lazy and delay our case too long. My Attorney told us he has a client get approval notice 1 year after interview. It really depends on how fast the OI work. Sign!!! Finger cross!

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFiler View Post
        Same here!! Our interview was last Tuesday and still no update yet. The IO told us she will review my case that afternoon but she said 4~8 weeks for decision. I am assuming she would have a decision or RFE at least. But also nothing. Let's hope they won't be that lazy and delay our case too long. My Attorney told us he has a client get approval notice 1 year after interview. It really depends on how fast the OI work. Sign!!! Finger cross!
        Well I hope I either get approved on spot or I get the EAD before January hahaha. Good luck to you all. Btw, I got my interview notice yesterday for 11/8!!! Stoked!!
        Forms sent 6/2
        Forms received 6/4
        Received texts/e-mails 6/6
        PD 6/5 & 6/6
        NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
        Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
        SR 9/2
        Contacted Congressman 10/1
        Called the Congressman's office 10/10
        Interview letter 10/10
        Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
        Received EAD/AP card 10/17
        Interview 11/8 RFE after
        New Card Being Produced 11/16
        Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

May I know where is your local uscis office?

Comment

May I know where is your local uscis office?
            I had my interview at Chicago downtown

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
            Well I hope I either get approved on spot or I get the EAD before January hahaha. Good luck to you all. Btw, I got my interview notice yesterday for 11/8!!! Stoked!!
            You will for sure!!! Congrats.

Comment

I had my interview at Chicago downtown

- - - Updated - - -

You will for sure!!! Congrats.
              How was the interview for you ChicagoFiler? Obviously I will have the interview at the same place you did but just thought I'd ask you how it went. Parking?
              Forms sent 6/2
              Forms received 6/4
              Received texts/e-mails 6/6
              PD 6/5 & 6/6
              NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
              Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
              SR 9/2
              Contacted Congressman 10/1
              Called the Congressman's office 10/10
              Interview letter 10/10
              Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
              Received EAD/AP card 10/17
              Interview 11/8 RFE after
              New Card Being Produced 11/16
              Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

I got my approval notice yesterday in mail. My online status till saying REF was received! Don't be panic if you didn't see any update online. Just be patience and wait for the mail. I believe you will get the approval notice today or early next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
                How was the interview for you ChicagoFiler? Obviously I will have the interview at the same place you did but just thought I'd ask you how it went. Parking?
                It was smooth and nothing hard questions be asked. I have post my experience in the May concurrent post. You can go check out. I took uber by knowing the parking in downtown is hard in general. So I don't know if there is parking available or not. But you can check if there is publish parking there. Good luck!

Comment

To cancel advance parole

I filled for adjustment of status in dec 2016 which still reads fingerprint received and for EAD and AP in june 2017.I would like to cancel my AP application.
                  1.Will it affect my i-485?
                  2.What is the process of cancelling it?
                  Thank you.

Comment

I got my approval notice yesterday in mail. My online status till saying REF was received! Don't be panic if you didn't see any update online. Just be patience and wait for the mail. I believe you will get the approval notice today or early next week.

- - - Updated - - -

It was smooth and nothing hard questions be asked. I have post my experience in the May concurrent post. You can go check out. I took uber by knowing the parking in downtown is hard in general. So I don't know if there is parking available or not. But you can check if there is publish parking there. Good luck!

Did they ask for REF after interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome1 View Post
                      I filled for adjustment of status in dec 2016 which still reads fingerprint received and for EAD and AP in june 2017.I would like to cancel my AP application.
                      1.Will it affect my i-485?
                      2.What is the process of cancelling it?
                      Thank you.
                      Please start your own thread instead of hijacking another persons.

Comment

Green card received.

Did they ask for REF after interview?
                        10/03/2017 Interview Day! Approval the afternoon.
                        10/10/2017 Attorney Received GC in the mail (she told me 4 days later! 'facepalm') So I picked up my card on the 13th.
                        10/12/2017 Approval notice received by me. (Not sure when attorney received it, she didn't told me)

No, no REF at all. It turns out the IO approved my case the day of interview. However the online status never update, even tho now it still saying "case received or REF response received". So don't be panic if you didn't see any update online. Just be patience and wait for the mail. Some posts saying that if the OI end up telling the info about removing the condition of the GC, the IO is approving your case. I got the approve notice and GC within a week of interview. I don't know when the card been order, been produced, or been mailed out. Because the online status never update!

Hope you will got your card soon! Best wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X