Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to travel India urgently with OCI partially submitted

Hi,

I am my wife currently on H1/H4 status and have 2 and half months old baby on US passport (Born 10th of July 2017). I have already filled out OCI application (Part A+Part B) online on ckgs/gov.of India website and about to submit the necessary documents by FedEx.

Now the problem is due to some urgency I need to plan a trip to India later this month (in 2 weeks). Is it permissible to delay the document submission for OCI and initiate entry visa which can be received in much quicker time (within a week)? If I submit the documents for OCI now, my son's passport will be submitted to Indian consulate office and will take time to get it back.

is there any other valid/feasible option rather filing and waiting for OCI and then visit India?

Thanks in advance !!

Dear Applicant,*

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post and case id 02720157 in your email.

Regards,
    CKGS USA Team.

Comment

Originally posted by CKGS Visa Services View Post
      Dear Applicant,*

We request you to share your queries and contact details at [email protected] to better assist you.

Please mention the link of this post and case id 02720157 in your email.

Regards,
      CKGS USA Team.
      Thanks for a quick response. I have sent my query to the mentioned email address.

Comment

Originally posted by ms81516 View Post
        Hi,

I am my wife currently on H1/H4 status and have 2 and half months old baby on US passport (Born 10th of July 2017). I have already filled out OCI application (Part A+Part B) online on ckgs/gov.of India website and about to submit the necessary documents by FedEx.

Now the problem is due to some urgency I need to plan a trip to India later this month (in 2 weeks). Is it permissible to delay the document submission for OCI and initiate entry visa which can be received in much quicker time (within a week)? If I submit the documents for OCI now, my son's passport will be submitted to Indian consulate office and will take time to get it back.

is there any other valid/feasible option rather filing and waiting for OCI and then visit India?

Thanks in advance !!
        DO NOT apply for OCI now, apply for E-visa, and OCI after return from India. One of the reason is, CKGS absolutely will delay returning the passport, plus you won't get the OCI in two weeks anyway, and then you have to rush apply for VISA. The second reason, and benefit you are, CKGS will shut down by the end of Dec. 2017, and all the process will be handled by Consulate directly, so less problem for the OCI card. So do not apply OCi and regular visa now, just E-visa and apply for OCI after Jan. 2018.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X