Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1A - Athlete of Extraordinary Ability Green Card

Hi All,

Thought of sharing my experience on getting Green Card in this category. Before sharing the timelines, here is the background. We (I and my wife) came to USA from India in July 2013 on H1B and H4 respectively. My wife having played professional Cricket in India, started playing in US for a Club in New York and through that got selected in United States Women Cricket team and played against Pakistan and an English Club along with other team from Canada, Zimbabwe and West Indies. From there we started our Green Card process in Athlete of Extra Ordinary ability and hired an attorney. After three months of paperwork and getting all the required documents, we filed our case in September 2016 and got our I-140 approved in 2 weeks (we filed in premium). Now below are timelines of our case:

1.) Hired Attorney and Started paperwork - July 2016
    2.) Filed I-140 in Premium : Sep 16, 2016
    3.) I-140 approved : Sep 23, 2016
    4.) Filed I-485 & I-765 : Nov 10, 2016
    5.) Biometrics Scheduling Letter Received : December 16, 2016
    6.) Biometrics Done : Jan 04, 2017
    7.) EAD received : Jan 25, 2017
    8.) I-485 RFE received : May 07, 2017
    9.) I-485 RFE Response received by USCIS : June 06, 2017
    10.) New Card Being Produced (I-485 approved) : October 05, 2017

Today we have our status as 'New Card is Being Produced' and we are now excited and eagerly waiting for our Green Cards in our hands. To all the users who have filed or are planning their case in this category, my suggestion would be to hire a very good attorney who have experience of handling such type of cases, have your paper work and documents as much detailed and clear as possible, get all the letters from respective authorities (the higher the better) and lastly have confidence in what so ever information you have and trust your attorney. All the Best!

Originally posted by asif.siddiqu View Post
    Hi All,

Thought of sharing my experience on getting Green Card in this category. Before sharing the timelines, here is the background. We (I and my wife) came to USA from India in July 2013 on H1B and H4 respectively. My wife having played professional Cricket in India, started playing in US for a Club in New York and through that got selected in United States Women Cricket team and played against Pakistan and an English Club along with other team from Canada, Zimbabwe and West Indies. From there we started our Green Card process in Athlete of Extra Ordinary ability and hired an attorney. After three months of paperwork and getting all the required documents, we filed our case in September 2016 and got our I-140 approved in 2 weeks (we filed in premium). Now below are timelines of our case:

1.) Hired Attorney and Started paperwork - July 2016
    2.) Filed I-140 in Premium : Sep 16, 2016
    3.) I-140 approved : Sep 23, 2016
    4.) Filed I-485 & I-765 : Nov 10, 2016
    5.) Biometrics Scheduling Letter Received : December 16, 2016
    6.) Biometrics Done : Jan 04, 2017
    7.) EAD received : Jan 25, 2017
    8.) I-485 RFE received : May 07, 2017
    9.) I-485 RFE Response received by USCIS : June 06, 2017
    10.) New Card Being Produced (I-485 approved) : October 05, 2017

Today we have our status as 'New Card is Being Produced' and we are now excited and eagerly waiting for our Green Cards in our hands. To all the users who have filed or are planning their case in this category, my suggestion would be to hire a very good attorney who have experience of handling such type of cases, have your paper work and documents as much detailed and clear as possible, get all the letters from respective authorities (the higher the better) and lastly have confidence in what so ever information you have and trust your attorney. All the Best!
    Thanks for sharing man. I was approved for an eb1a as well and just filed an the I485. Can you please share what type of RFE they requested? Is it linked to the original petition of extraordinary abilities? Thanks again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X