Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax and house rental ?

Hi All ,
    I am a new immigrant in the USA, I came in March 2017, I live with my friend, I had a job in June and since then I have been paying with my friend half of the rental amount of his apartment, sometimes I pay the totality of the amount because he has some problem in his work. the lease is in his name.
    My question is that: in the tax declaration for the next year, I will be able to say that I am paying an amount of apartment rental, especially that the rental contract is not in my name? or you will consider that the fact of paying an amount for the rental of the apartment has no value in the calculation of taxes. I plan to stay with him for at least one more year.
    I am new and I do not yet understand these things of Taxes, please advise me please.
    Thanks,

Rent you pay for your residence is not deductible for US federal tax purposes

A handful of states offer a tiny renters credit, you'll have to look to the rules of that particular state if it applies to you

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Rent you pay for your residence is not deductible for US federal tax purposes

A handful of states offer a tiny renters credit, you'll have to look to the rules of that particular state if it applies to you
      Thanks Sir

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X