Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my parents fill application for greencard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my parents fill application for greencard?

Hello everyone. I just registered here and this is my first post. Was looking for information online but thought to come here and ask for help.

I'm 25 years old and I just received green card with 10 year expiration as I did my own AOS through my marriage to US Citizen. Now I was looking for an answer if I can help my parents get green card or if first I need to become US Citizen?
    If I need to become US Citizen, then my next question would be when can I start applying for it once I get my 10 year green card? Note: I didn't get my temporary 2 year greencard. I was sent 10 year expiration greencard immediately.

Thank you for responses!

Originally posted by Eimantas View Post
    Hello everyone. I just registered here and this is my first post. Was looking for information online but thought to come here and ask for help.

I'm 25 years old and I just received green card with 10 year expiration as I did my own AOS through my marriage to US Citizen. Now I was looking for an answer if I can help my parents get green card or if first I need to become US Citizen?
    You need to become a US citizen.

Originally posted by Eimantas View Post
    If I need to become US Citizen, then my next question would be when can I start applying for it once I get my 10 year green card?
    You can qualify for naturalization under the 3-year rule or 5-year rule. 3-year rule requires you to have been a permanent resident for 3 years (you can submit the application 90 days before reaching that), and have been married to a US citizen for 3 years. 5-year rule requires you to have been a permanent resident for 5 years (you can submit the application 90 days before reaching that).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X