Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccinations requirement for k-1 fiancé visa

Hello everybody !
    I know this is a loaded controversial subject with many people but I really need some information and advice .
    I filed the I-129F petition for my fiancée and her daughter . They live in Russia .
    We are both very strongly against vaccionations of any kind .
    On the state department web site it clearly says that vaccionations are not required for issuance of k-1 visa but that they will be required at the adjustment of status stage inside the U.S. It also says they encourage you to get them done since you will need them later in the United States but not required , it is optional .
    Also , from the US Dept of State's Foreign affairs manual which dictates the rules for all embassies and posts it also clearly says that vaccinations are not required for issuance of K-1 visas but are encouraged , it says very clearly not to deny a k-1 visa to the applicant for refusal of vaccionations . Here is the article and code 9 FAM 302.2-6(B)(3) U

I have been reading many different immigration forums and sites and they say the opposite , that vaccionations are indeed required for issuance of k-1 visa .
    My friend who works here in the US for immigration told me that they ( embassies) are not supposed to deny the k-1 visa to the applicant for refusal of vaccionations because you have the option of taking the vaccionations inside the United States and you can also file a waiver of refusal for vaccionations at adjustment of status .
    However , he also told me that the workers at the embassies have total and complete authority and discretion in approving or denying a visa . If they deny the applicant the k-1 visa because of refusal of vaccionations there is nothing you can do and the decision is FINAL . There are stories of embassies denying k-1 visa to applicants for not doing vaccionations .
    So I am really confused and don't know what to believe or who to believe and I am very discouraged .
    If you have any concrete information on this topic I would greatly appreciate it or if anyone has had experience in dealing with the US embassy in Moscow .
    Thank you very much !

My personal experience with a consular interview abroad has been terrible. Not relating to vaccines, but another matter which was supposed to be straight forward. I do not think you want to go to an interview at a consulate and have to explain your belief system/opinion, especially if it is of the controversial kind. This is not the time to convince someone of your views on vaccines.

You want to go there and agree with everything that is proposed by law and have the attitude that you will do whatever is legally required to meet requirements for your application for whatever visa it is that you are applying for.

The list for required vaccines is very long and it will take some time to cover all of them if there hasn't been any vaccines to date. Some cannot be given together and some need more than/at least 2-3 doses. It will take many months to update someone with 0 on their list, because you have to sometimes wait a few months in between doses and also with different vaccines.

**This is a personal opinion and should not be seen as medical advice. See your doctor.**

As far as I know, there is no appeal for a decision made by a consulate.
    Last edited by NettieL; 10-14-2017, 03:47 PM.
    Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X