Admin Processing for Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Processing for Pakistan

Hi, I am a US citizen. My husband had an interview at the Islamabad embassy on Sept 19th 2017. He was told that his application has been approved and he will get the passport back within two weeks. However, I received an email on Sept 29th 2017 that his applications was refused based on 221g and they required more information. We collected and sent the information back to them on the 2rd. During this whole time the status on CEAC showed "Ready". Today, on Oct 11, 2017 the status has changed to Administrative Processing. Can anyone tell me what that means? Does it mean that they are now starting to work on the new information that was requested? I keep reading on forums that all applications go into AP after the interview, but I feel this is slightly different in that it was in Ready status for more than two weeks after the interview. We already provided all additional info before it even went into AP. Below is what it reads on the website:

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selects MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached."

Any insight into their process would be greatly appreciated!

Waiting wife.

Immigration visa take little more time to process than non-immigrant visas sometimes 6 months to 2 years. What is the latest update on your husbands case?

My parents applied for a non-immigrant visa my dad was handed 221(g) letter which we replied after 2 days. But even after one year we are waiting to hear back from them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X