Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for marriage based greencard

Hello All,

Please I need clarification on somethings. I am currently on F1 visa status and working on my PhD. I am applying for the marriage based green card. My wife is going to file for me. In February 2017 I was arrested for a DUI. My blood alcohol level was 0.103 and I was driving with an expired tag. My lawyer requested the DUI be dropped to a reckless driving and the expired tags offense be dropped. These request were granted. The expired tag offense was dropped, and the DUI was reduced to a reckless driving. I was not asked to take any alcohol classes, I was not placed on any probation period and my license was not suspended. This was my first DUI offense. I was asked to pay $600, which I did and I used a suspended imposition to seal my record. Will this affect my application and the time for my application to be processed? Also how long does it take for me to get the EAD after applying?

Please kindly advise me if you have any related experiences.

Thanks.

Shouldn't affect it. EAD/AP takes 4+ months these days.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Shouldn't affect it. EAD/AP takes 4+ months these days.
      Thanks I appreciate.
      I already submitted the application and they sent me an email that they received it that I would get a mail in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay27 View Post
        Hello All,

Please I need clarification on somethings. I am currently on F1 visa status and working on my PhD. I am applying for the marriage based green card. My wife is going to file for me. In February 2017 I was arrested for a DUI. My blood alcohol level was 0.103 and I was driving with an expired tag. My lawyer requested the DUI be dropped to a reckless driving and the expired tags offense be dropped. These request were granted. The expired tag offense was dropped, and the DUI was reduced to a reckless driving. I was not asked to take any alcohol classes, I was not placed on any probation period and my license was not suspended. This was my first DUI offense. I was asked to pay $600, which I did and I used a suspended imposition to seal my record. Will this affect my application and the time for my application to be processed? Also how long does it take for me to get the EAD after applying?

Please kindly advise me if you have any related experiences.

Thanks.
        It should not affect it. You should run a background check on yourself. You should have the option of doing that through your employer or privately. We all think that all these agencies communicate but really... they don't. Let's not forget that once you become a citizen, you have to walk over to the Social Security Administration and bring your original documents in order for them to update your citizenship to american citizen.
        Congrats on your quick interview notice! Apparently, Ohio is the place to be!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X