Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I stay beyond 7 yrs on L1A if I apply for my GC in the last yeat

Hi,

My L1A is getting maxed out next year in October. My employer is filing the I140, I1485, AP and EAD next month (Nov 2017). I have 11 months on my visa. I want to know

- When I get my EAD, will it have validity beyond my L1 A max period?
    - What all approval is required for me to stay beyond Next year Nov, 2017? Will approved I140 help me to stay?

Thanks for your answers.

Originally posted by rick2017 View Post
    Hi,

My L1A is getting maxed out next year in October. My employer is filing the I140, I1485, AP and EAD next month (Nov 2017). I have 11 months on my visa. I want to know

- When I get my EAD, will it have validity beyond my L1 A max period?
    - What all approval is required for me to stay beyond Next year Nov, 2017? Will approved I140 help me to stay?

Thanks for your answers.
    Once you get your EAD, it can be used until either your I485 is denied or you get your GC. It has no relation to your L1A. So no problems there.
    Merely having an approved I140 does not do anything for you. But you should be fine once your EAD associated with your I485 comes along.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      Once you get your EAD, it can be used until either your I485 is denied or you get your GC. It has no relation to your L1A. So no problems there.
      Merely having an approved I140 does not do anything for you. But you should be fine once your EAD associated with your I485 comes along.
      Thanks! I read somewhere that L1A EAD is not like H1 and it also max out with L visa. Reading your comment looks like that is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by rick2017 View Post
        Thanks! I read somewhere that L1A EAD is not like H1 and it also max out with L visa. Reading your comment looks like that is not the case.
        There is nothing called L1A EAD. The EAD I mentioned arises out of your I485 application. All I485s are the same, irrespective of the basis viz., I140 vs. I130, etc.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X