Interview Canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview Canceled

My interview was scheduled on around mid September and canceled 2 weeks later due to unforeseen circumstances. It was scheduled fr 10/23. My online status still shows as interview scheduled. My attorney said you have an official cancelation notice, they will reschedule, nothing to worry about. No idea what to do now, infopass is not available in NY. Please suggest.

I have read on this site that it usually means someone is a sex offender and immigration cancel out interview...hopefully that's not your case. Call or go to your Uscis office to find out...good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Standing View Post
      I have read on this site that it usually means someone is a sex offender and immigration cancel out interview...hopefully that's not your case. Call or go to your Uscis office to find out...good luck
      Are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by abuscis5 View Post
        My interview was scheduled on around mid September and canceled 2 weeks later due to unforeseen circumstances. It was scheduled fr 10/23. My online status still shows as interview scheduled. My attorney said you have an official cancelation notice, they will reschedule, nothing to worry about. No idea what to do now, infopass is not available in NY. Please suggest.
        Well if you have an attorney for whom you paid for, then I would suggest telling him/her to find out why they cancelled.
        Forms sent 6/2
        Forms received 6/4
        Received texts/e-mails 6/6
        PD 6/5 & 6/6
        NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
        Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
        SR 9/2
        Contacted Congressman 10/1
        Called the Congressman's office 10/10
        Interview letter 10/10
        Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
        Received EAD/AP card 10/17
        Interview 11/8 RFE after
        New Card Being Produced 11/16
        Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
          Well if you have an attorney for whom you paid for, then I would suggest telling him/her to find out why they cancelled.
          Thank you. I did but I was told they cannot create a service request within 60 days of receiving the last (cancellation) notice.

Comment

Thank you. I did but I was told they cannot create a service request within 60 days of receiving the last (cancellation) notice.
            I submitted a case inquiry 9/2 with an expected response 9/24. I also contacted my congressman. I was told that after 9/24 I have to wait 30 days because USCIS does not like receiving case inquiries back to back. Then I was told to come to my congressman's office to fill out a privacy release form. The congressman's office representatives can inquire about your case which often speeds the process up. I submitted the privacy release form 10/3 and I was told to wait 2 weeks for a phone call. 10/10 I called subtly asking about any updates and the lady on the phone said that my case was not assigned to anyone within the office so she assigned it to a rep. I get home and my husband surprises me with interview letter with 10/5 notice date and 11/8 interview date. Try to call your congressman and if you do know who he or she is, google "find my congressman" and the first result is the one to click. Then put your zip code and go from there.
            Forms sent 6/2
            Forms received 6/4
            Received texts/e-mails 6/6
            PD 6/5 & 6/6
            NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
            Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
            SR 9/2
            Contacted Congressman 10/1
            Called the Congressman's office 10/10
            Interview letter 10/10
            Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
            Received EAD/AP card 10/17
            Interview 11/8 RFE after
            New Card Being Produced 11/16
            Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
              I submitted a case inquiry 9/2 with an expected response 9/24. I also contacted my congressman. I was told that after 9/24 I have to wait 30 days because USCIS does not like receiving case inquiries back to back. Then I was told to come to my congressman's office to fill out a privacy release form. The congressman's office representatives can inquire about your case which often speeds the process up. I submitted the privacy release form 10/3 and I was told to wait 2 weeks for a phone call. 10/10 I called subtly asking about any updates and the lady on the phone said that my case was not assigned to anyone within the office so she assigned it to a rep. I get home and my husband surprises me with interview letter with 10/5 notice date and 11/8 interview date. Try to call your congressman and if you do know who he or she is, google "find my congressman" and the first result is the one to click. Then put your zip code and go from there.
              I will consult my attorney and proceed with your suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Is your interview rescheduled yet?

My interview for 10/24 got cancelled for unforseen circumstances and got denied after Nov 2.

Comment

Originally posted by neprocker View Post
                  My interview for 10/24 got cancelled for unforseen circumstances and got denied after Nov 2.
                  Hey how you doing have you had any information yet?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X