Can child of us citizen get a B2 visa for a short visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can child of us citizen get a B2 visa for a short visit

I am US citizen living in Turkey. I have a newborn son. Due to my insufficient physical residency in the USA, I do meet the CRBA requirements. I want to travel to the USA in Dec for a few weeks with my son. Which visa should I get? Is a B2 OK? What are my visa options to take him to the USA? The consulate gives useless email answers and I do not have time to try visas.

Since the child is not a US citizen, a B2 visa would be appropriate for a short visit. You would need to convince the visa officer that the child is not going to stay there.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Since the child is not a US citizen, a B2 visa would be appropriate for a short visit. You would need to convince the visa officer that the child is not going to stay there.
      Thank you.

If we get a B2 visa for a short travel now, can this be later used as a show of intention of nonimmigrant status? I mean if we return to the USA in the future and my husband & son applies for an immigrant visa, can they say no because of this B2 visa?

Comment

Originally posted by eepazarc View Post
        Thank you.

If we get a B2 visa for a short travel now, can this be later used as a show of intention of nonimmigrant status? I mean if we return to the USA in the future and my husband & son applies for an immigrant visa, can they say no because of this B2 visa?
        It does not work that way. You should be fine.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X