Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel and changing jobs during naturalization process

Hello everyone,

I recently applied for my citizenship based on marriage a couple of days back. My application is yet to be accepted. Can I travel outside the country during the naturalization process, as my job may require me to make two to three short business trips outside the country over the next six months, with each trip lasting less than one week. Can one also travel outside the country on a one week vacation? How should these trips be reported to USCIS as it is not currently captured on the N-400 form.

My second question - is there a risk in changing jobs during the naturalization process and does it impact my application in any way? What is the reporting mechanism for a job change to USCIS?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you.

I did both of those, traveling to England 2 times, once to Italy. And changing jobs after my application was accepted. I just provided the information at my interview.

Just make sure none of this happened before the date on the form when you signed, or they will basically say you lied on your application.

Hopefully you won't be out of the country when your interview is scheduled.

I am not a lawyer, just my experience.
    Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
    Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
    Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X