Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-2 Visa issued, J-1is still on 221G (pink Slip) Passport not taken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-2 Visa issued, J-1is still on 221G (pink Slip) Passport not taken.

Hello Friends,
    Both me and My wife had applied for J-2and J-1visa respectively as our initial visa got expired In August. For me, it was a drop box case as on my passport there was no "Security Clearance Received" written but my wife had to go through normal visa interview. I had submitted my passport at Drop box on September 25, 2017 and My wife had her visa interview on October 3, 2017.
    After her interview, she was given 221 G ( Pink Slip) and her passport has not been taken yet. She was told that she will get an email within 4 Business days and then she will have to drop box her passport as well. However she didn't receive the email till date.
    Surprisingly my Visa got issued on October 12, 2017. However on CEAC status page her last updated status is still showing October 3, 2017 and it's still under Administrative Processing.she w
    Now I have two queries in this situation.

1. Can I travel alone to US in this situation? I will have to resume offixef pm October 23, 2017. If not what supporting documents I need to furnish to substantiate the situation and from where can aI get it?

2. She will have to go To Bangalore for some urgent work, so can she submit her passport at Bangalore VAC once asked? What's the procedue to chnage the passport Drop box location?

Kindly reply asap as we really have short time.

My flight back to US is scheduled on October 21, 2017.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Sincerely,
    Anirban Nandy
    Last edited by anirban80in; 10-16-2017, 04:00 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X