Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duplicate green card application how can get the fees reinmbursed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate green card application how can get the fees reinmbursed ?

On applying for my mother to obtain green card ( change of status from visitor to permanent) with all fees mailed to Chicago USCIS office,but after a week I came to realize by looking at the USPS tracking my package was misplaced or not delivered. waited few more days as the 6 month duration for mother was fast approaching I was forced to reapply with all fees to same office. Once the application was in mail I received a notice mentioning my first application is under processing. ( USPS still kept telling the package was misplaced on their web site). Then a week later I received another notice my second application is also under processing. Right away I withdraw my application and requested for reimbursement of the fees I paid explaining why I made a duplicate submission. Still day I never received any reply from them, but they accepted my withdrawal. Its almost 11 months now . Last week my mom received Green card based on my first set of application.

Is there any way I can get this duplicate submission fees reimbursed. Calling them does not help as they keep on saying fees once paid is never reimbursed, Its almost 1500 dollars. Any help or guidance is apreciated

Thanks In advance

small claims court

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X