Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel for Bio-Metrics on a B1 visa because of a late H4 visa renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel for Bio-Metrics on a B1 visa because of a late H4 visa renewal?

Good day guys,

Background:
    - I am a holder of an H4 visa. I traveled to my home country to handle some business and renew my H4 visa (since it was about to expire soon). She has an H1B extension until 2019 so no worries @ renewing.
    - My wife and I are going through the AOS process. She's at the end of the process awaiting her green card. While she waits she's on her H1B extension.
    - While in my home country I received bio-metrics appointment via mail scheduled for October 27th.
    - My visa renewal appointment date at the local consulate is October 26th. I definitely wouldn't be able to make the bio-metrics appointment with this consulate appointment date.
    - I have a valid B 1 visa still.

Question:
    - I know I can reschedule the Bio-metrics for a later date but I was told that doing so could cause delays in my AOS application. Can I therefore travel back to the States on my B1 visa for the sole purpose of getting my Bio-metrics done? I can always return to my home country to get my renewed H4 visa?
    - Would there bare any repercussions of doing so?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X