X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th Circuit TPS

Hello!
    Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
    I am wondering if anyone here is in the 9th district and has applied for AOS from TPS? If so, how is the process going. My husband and I just filed jointly.
    Thanks!

Hi! Unfortunately we don't live in one of the Ninth Circuit states, so I had to go to El Salvador on Advance parole this year in order to get the AOS process started.

Either way, I wanted to wish you good luck and congratulations on getting the process started!

Comment

This is what our lawyer wanted him to do initially but my husband was really scared to go back and not be able to get back home to his kids. So when we were able to pursue it this way we jumped on it. Unfortunately, our lawyer took forever. But now papers are in and we are just waiting.
      How was your advanced parole experience? Did you have any problems?

Comment

It took us a long time to make the decision, you can't help it but be nervous after all the warnings they give you. We had to take the risk but I felt pretty good about it, since I knew people that had travelled to El Salvador with no issues on AP. Also lawyers told us as long as your record is clean you shouldn't have any issues.

I don't blame you, we looked into the 9th circuit then quickly realized it didn't apply to us. If we could have gone that route we would have too!

We came back through Houston, Tx and it was pretty smooth and quick process. Once I showed CBP my AP document he asked me to wait for someone to take me to a small room. My husband went on to grab our luggage. There was only one other person waiting, I sat there nervous as could be. The only thing that happened was that one of the agents thought I hadn't handed over the second copy of AP (They were both right under each other, she just missed it lol) with a very rude tone asked me where my second copy was in Spanish. So I replied to her in English and told her it should be right there, she found it and told me to sit back down. 10 minutes later another agent called my name handed over the stamped AP and passport. That was it. I was there for about 15 minutes total, and they didn't ask me anything else.

Comment

Yeah. Our lawyer said he would have no problem because he has no record. But he is still super nervous. Hopefully we won't have any problems with the AOS this way. I'm so anxious and nervous about the whole process. Thanks for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Totally understandable, it's been a crazy ride to say the least and we still have such a long way to go! No problem at all

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X