Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International travel while N-400 & I751 is pending, GC expired, have I-551 stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International travel while N-400 & I751 is pending, GC expired, have I-551 stamp

My AOS I-751 is still pending after 14 months of application back in August 2016. CSC has a backlog. I applied for N-400 naturalization when I was eligible and was advised to do so by USCIS agent. I have international travel plans while my I751+N400 is pending. These travel plans were made 6 months ago before I knew it would take more time for I-751 to process. The USCIS agent took my original 2 yr green card away and gave me I-551 stamp which is valid for next 6 months. I plan to travel for 2 weeks next month in November 2017.
    Was wondering if the stamp would be sufficient to gain entry back in USA? My US citizen spouse would be traveling with me.
    No RFE
    No criminal background
    Applied with sufficient proof of bonafide marriage

Originally posted by ke242 View Post
    My AOS I-751 is still pending after 14 months of application back in August 2016. CSC has a backlog. I applied for N-400 naturalization when I was eligible and was advised to do so by USCIS agent. I have international travel plans while my I751+N400 is pending. These travel plans were made 6 months ago before I knew it would take more time for I-751 to process. The USCIS agent took my original 2 yr green card away and gave me I-551 stamp which is valid for next 6 months. I plan to travel for 2 weeks next month in November 2017.
    Was wondering if the stamp would be sufficient to gain entry back in USA? My US citizen spouse would be traveling with me.
    No RFE
    No criminal background
    Applied with sufficient proof of bonafide marriage
    Hi ke242,

I was wondering how was your case when you filed N-400 while your I-751 still pending? It would means a lot if you can share your experience!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X