Divorce before removal of conditional green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce before removal of conditional green card

Hi, I got married last Febuary 2016 and got my 2 year green card november of 2016. I entered the marriage with good faith and had a real relationship with my husband. June of 2016 i caught him cheating on me and even admitted to me that he hooked up with a girl he met online. Fast forward, we talked about it and moved on with our lives and i just forgave him. I got a job moved in to our own place and lived as normal couple. Fast forward to April of 2017 I caught him cheating again when i was checking our phone records and this time he did not admit it, and i again I gave him another chance until, One day it finally ended when i personally caught him red handed and confronted him. Since he was caught*red handed he never came home and he stayed with the other woman. So now we've been living*separately, trying to make ends meet since he had the nerve to close our bank accounts, cut me off from the phone plan and i car insurance. I had to start over again. Can someone help me what to do? Can i still get my permanent green card? Thanks

Hey

As long as you have evidence of bona fide marriage (financial co-mingling and co-habitation for the duration of the marriage) you can divorce and file for ROC (Removal of Conditions) on your own with a divorce waiver (checkbox on the form). Also the fact that he cheated on you is in your favor, keep evidence if any of this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X