Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asked to submit passport at VAC

Hi,
    My H1B VISA interview was around 2 months back this year 2017 in NEW DELHI Embassy. Although interview was normal and it went for 3-4 mins, I was handed over 221g white slip and asked to email the requested documents.

I emailed them the requested documents after few days and today I got an email to submit my passport by US embassy. I still see my application in "Administrative Processing" though in CEAC web site though.

I have 2 questions

1. Does this mean that my VISA is approved and they have asked my passport for final stamping or will there be any further administrative processing?
    2. I am told to submit my documents at VAC. In one of my friend's case, he was told to submit the documents at VFS dropbox. Is there any difference between submitting documents at VAC and VFS dropbox.

The email I received is as below:-

This is pertaining to your Non-Immigrant Visa.
    You are required to submit your passport at the nearest Visa Application Center, in order to proceed ahead with the case.

Please submit the passport at the nearest Visa Application Center (VAC) along with a copy of this email.
    Be sure to refer to your case number on all submissions.

Originally posted by abhishek.kumar View Post
    Hi,
    My H1B VISA interview was around 2 months back this year 2017 in NEW DELHI Embassy. Although interview was normal and it went for 3-4 mins, I was handed over 221g white slip and asked to email the requested documents.

I emailed them the requested documents after few days and today I got an email to submit my passport by US embassy. I still see my application in "Administrative Processing" though in CEAC web site though.

I have 2 questions

1. Does this mean that my VISA is approved and they have asked my passport for final stamping or will there be any further administrative processing?
    2. I am told to submit my documents at VAC. In one of my friend's case, he was told to submit the documents at VFS dropbox. Is there any difference between submitting documents at VAC and VFS dropbox.

The email I received is as below:-

This is pertaining to your Non-Immigrant Visa.
    You are required to submit your passport at the nearest Visa Application Center, in order to proceed ahead with the case.

Please submit the passport at the nearest Visa Application Center (VAC) along with a copy of this email.
    Be sure to refer to your case number on all submissions.
    Hi Abhishek, Could you please share what documents were mentioned in your 221g and when you got your visa stamped? I am in similar boat and my return flight is next week.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X