Can i travel back to my country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i travel back to my country?

Hi everyone! I have a tourist visa for usa already. I want to get marry in the states but been told that i cant leave the country till all documents are done. Would fiance visa would be an option? like getting marry in usa and while all is process i can back to my original countryc as i need to finish several things? Thanks for anybody that could help me out.

Hi,
    Are you saying that you want to get married to your partner in the US but don't want to stay? You'll return later?
    Well, in that case, you can marry on a tourist visa. But you cannot adjust status. You'll have to go back to your country after marriage. Then have your partner petition you for a spousal visa with the I-130. That'll take several months. Are you sure that's what you want?
    If you apply for a fiance visa, then you can come here relatively quickly but you cannot leave until you get your EAD/AP card or Green Card. You'll be waiting several months before you can leave the country.
    Does this answer your question, friend?
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X