Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on I-485

Hi All,

I got RFEs on our I-485 forms on 12th Sep 2017. The RFE responses (for me & my wife) are submitted on 11th Oct 2017, documents are received by USCIS Texas office on 12th Oct EST morning.

Since then there is no update on USCIS site. The statuses are still "Request for Initial Evidence was mailed". Today is 17th Oct 2017.

It will be helpful if you share your feedback. Is there anybody who recently experienced this in Texas service center?

Thank you.

Originally posted by eb1cjan2017 View Post
    Hi All,

I got RFEs on our I-485 forms on 12th Sep 2017. The RFE responses (for me & my wife) are submitted on 11th Oct 2017, documents are received by USCIS Texas office on 12th Oct EST morning.

Since then there is no update on USCIS site. The statuses are still "Request for Initial Evidence was mailed". Today is 17th Oct 2017.

It will be helpful if you share your feedback. Is there anybody who recently experienced this in Texas service center?

Thank you.
    Give it some time. You sent it before the weekend so give it some time. Also, the USCIS website does not update the case status, or at least that was my case. 3 of my 4 cases still say case was received while the I-485 case says Fingerprint fee was Received. I never got an update for ready to be scheduled for an interview nor was my I-765 status changed to EAD in production. I got my interview notice and I got my EAD and AP approval within a week. I would say next week check and if nothing changes, then call USCIS. Hopefully someone can help you out but remember, an RFE resets your date, so now your date to go off of is 10/12.
    Forms sent 6/2
    Forms received 6/4
    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
    PD 6/5 & 6/6
    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
    SR 9/2
    Contacted Congressman 10/1
    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
    Interview letter 10/10
    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
    Interview 11/8 RFE after
    New Card Being Produced 11/16
    Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
      Give it some time. You sent it before the weekend so give it some time. Also, the USCIS website does not update the case status, or at least that was my case. 3 of my 4 cases still say case was received while the I-485 case says Fingerprint fee was Received. I never got an update for ready to be scheduled for an interview nor was my I-765 status changed to EAD in production. I got my interview notice and I got my EAD and AP approval within a week. I would say next week check and if nothing changes, then call USCIS. Hopefully someone can help you out but remember, an RFE resets your date, so now your date to go off of is 10/12.
      Thank you for your reply.

Actually RFE is something what pending with us. USCIS gives 60 days to submit the RFE responses. I heard many cases where USCIS lost the RFE response documents.
      Suppose, I wait for 60 days, no update in site, and then came to know that they have not received the documents. Then my forms can be rejected.

It is mental satisfaction to see the status updated in USCIS site as 'RFE response received'. Then they will take their own time to process the forms. That is fine.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you.
        PLS I NEED UR ADVICE ON HOW U WENT AHEAD WITH RFIE U GOT ON I-485.....

pls i need ur advices...my spouse worked two jobs last year n the two jobs total up to 19500,al by herself..got no depedant,den we jus found out that we sent jus one W2 ,instead of the two to make it 19500 her annual income for 2016...now my friend who is in military with the rank of SPC want to help out as a joint sponsor.....

my obstacle is dis.....

1. in poverty guideline for i864 0n USCIS website it states....

sponsor size for 2 household is $18,212...does dis means dat if we have added the second job W2..which cld v added up to 19500,we wld v pass above poverty line of 125%.
        what if we send in the Copies of the W2 now,,will it make any sense.

or

2. shld we go ahead with my friend in the military as a joint sponsor now....

or

3. We shld send the 2 W2s ..dats filling i864 n i864a....but in the letter all d said the joint sponsor shld submit are...

1.file form I-864,affidavit of support
        2.copies of thier recent federal income tax returns.
        copies of of supporting tax documents.

pls....i need clarification ASAP....

Comment

Originally posted by sterai79 View Post
          PLS I NEED UR ADVICE ON HOW U WENT AHEAD WITH RFIE U GOT ON I-485.....

pls i need ur advices...my spouse worked two jobs last year n the two jobs total up to 19500,al by herself..got no depedant,den we jus found out that we sent jus one W2 ,instead of the two to make it 19500 her annual income for 2016...now my friend who is in military with the rank of SPC want to help out as a joint sponsor.....

my obstacle is dis.....

1. in poverty guideline for i864 0n USCIS website it states....

sponsor size for 2 household is $18,212...does dis means dat if we have added the second job W2..which cld v added up to 19500,we wld v pass above poverty line of 125%.
          what if we send in the Copies of the W2 now,,will it make any sense.

or

2. shld we go ahead with my friend in the military as a joint sponsor now....

or

3. We shld send the 2 W2s ..dats filling i864 n i864a....but in the letter all d said the joint sponsor shld submit are...

1.file form I-864,affidavit of support
          2.copies of thier recent federal income tax returns.
          copies of of supporting tax documents.

pls....i need clarification ASAP....
          My case is totally different. You may ask this question to another forum.

Comment

Details of RFE ?

Hi,

would you be able to share the details of the RFE that you received ?

I have also filed my EB1C in Jan 2017 and got an RFE for I-140, which I have sent across to USCIS.

I have also received an RFE for I-485 asking for the same details that were sent earlier. Hence, asking you to understand what your RFE was about.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you.

My RFE for my I-485 was received Sept 9th 2017. I responded October 4th 2017 and Fedex tracker showed delivery on Oct 5th.

It wasn't until October 18th that the USCIS website changed from "Request for Initial Evidence was mailed" to "Response to Request for Evidence Received". Online it says it was "received October 6th 2017". So there was almost a 2 week delay between when it was received and when they updated it online.

Then two days later on Oct 20th, the online status changed to "Ready to schedule interview".

I still haven't received my EAD card though. I'm happy you got yours mid September! Looks like my interview may happen before my EAD maybe?

Comment

Hi,
                I have worst situation, ref was received and posted august 17, 2017 and until then there was no change in status.. its showing in the website that they processing now applications received by Oct 2017 but i didn't received any answer on my submissions...i tried to inquire..they send me email last Jan 30 that its being processed, as of today Feb 27 there is no update yet..

Did you got your EAD?

Comment

I am seeing that some people receive a response of the RFE after 2 weeks or so.. So I think it depends on the total processing time of your case.
                  In my case for instance, uscis is asking for a RFE after 6 months filing date. If they take 6 more to respond to it, it is going to be one year (same processing time of GC..)> Does not make any sense

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X