Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel to the U.S while i-130 is pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel to the U.S while i-130 is pending?

Hello,

I am an Irish citizen currently living and residing in Dubai. I married my husband this summer and plan to move to the U.S in August 2018 to be with him. He just submitted the i-130 last week and so we are still awaiting confirmation of receipt. He will be visiting me in Ireland in December and I want to try and visit him in April 2018.. and so my question is can I travel to the U.S on an ESTA while my i-130 will probably still be being processed.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Once you start delving into these forums there is an overwhelming amount of information!!

Thanks

Originally posted by emmalauren92 View Post
    Hello,

I am an Irish citizen currently living and residing in Dubai. I married my husband this summer and plan to move to the U.S in August 2018 to be with him. He just submitted the i-130 last week and so we are still awaiting confirmation of receipt. He will be visiting me in Ireland in December and I want to try and visit him in April 2018.. and so my question is can I travel to the U.S on an ESTA while my i-130 will probably still be being processed.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Once you start delving into these forums there is an overwhelming amount of information!!

Thanks
    You can try. There is no rule that prohibits you from visiting, but you will be denied entry if the officer suspects you will stay and do Adjustment of Status in the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X