Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing k1 for candian citizen- complex case !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing k1 for candian citizen- complex case !?!

Hello!

I have filed an I-129F in May 2017 for my Canadian citizen Fiancé and haven't received I-797 yet. It's been 5 months and I am wondering if it because my case is complicated. I am here to see if I can get some additional advice.

I am a US Citizen and I had arranged marriage in 2011 and filed for adjustment of status shortly after. After a year and a half we decided to get divorced and I was legally divorced by January 2014.

I met my Fiancé November 2014 when he was legally separated from his second wife (Canadian Citizen). We got engaged in May of 2015 but his divorce became final March of 2017. After he got his second divorce I filed for Fiancé visa shortly after. He got his Canadian citizenship through first wife but originally he's from Pakistan.

As part of the petition's evidence, I included a couple photos ( including ones of our engagement), notarized testimonies from friends and family, hotel receipts and flight tickets that show the both of us traveling back and forth every 1-2 months, all the required evidence for our citizenship and legalized divorces, and a couple of other materials per the requirements of the form.

We didn't lie and made our intention to marry clear. We both have great jobs in our respective countries as citizens and don't really need each other for financial support. We truly didn't intend to meet and fall in love but we did. Now all we want is to get married and start a family as soon as possible because we are both older. We are of Pakistani decent and both our first marriages were arranged. Arranged marriages are customary in some traditional families.

I'm worried our application might be denied because of our history. I just want to know if my current petition is risky and if I should be doing something else.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you,
    28 girl
    Last edited by 28girl; 10-18-2017, 09:31 PM.

Your case does not seem particularly complication. Second and third marriages are pretty common here

If you feel your petition has fallen through the cracks, contact your Congressperson to intervene on your behalf

If you never received an initial filing receipt and your check was not cashed, maybe your application was lost in the mail

If you never received an initial filing receipt and your check was cashed, maybe your initial filing receipt was lost in the mail

In either of the latter two cases, try to make a case inquiry through the phone

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X