Best scenario for I-130/485...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dlucan View Post
    What does he do for work? If working is incredibly important, there is the possibility of him seeking a job and getting a work visa supported through a us company and job offer. This is way more likely based on higher education or specialty in his work type. If this is feasible, i would check it out right away.
    I have also seen a possibility of expediting a work permit based on financial hardship if there is no work (which i believe would be obvious because you two will have a child to care for).
    Last option would be a remote job, based in the uk, that he could do from the us, as he will still be a uk citizen..
    He's an electrical engineer with a company that has affiliates all over the states. His HR and regional manager have been in talks with other branches here about getting him work in Texas but from what I've been reading it would take just as long if not longer (true?) than filing the 130/485 etc.. concurrently. The branch closest to my home doesn't currently have any openings for his job so that kind of squashes that :-/

Comment

Originally posted by AndiD29 View Post
      He's an electrical engineer with a company that has affiliates all over the states. His HR and regional manager have been in talks with other branches here about getting him work in Texas but from what I've been reading it would take just as long if not longer (true?) than filing the 130/485 etc.. concurrently. The branch closest to my home doesn't currently have any openings for his job so that kind of squashes that :-/
      Well that changes things quite a bit. His company can apply for a L-1A/L1-B visa for him which is an inter company transfer to a job in the US. While he is here on L-1 you can then file AOS.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
        They are already married so he can not get a fiancee visa
        I see.. well, since they didn't get married in the US, I wonder technically if they can still be viewed as unmarried in the US and apply for fiancé visa?? Maybe they need to consult a lawyer.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that changes things quite a bit. His company can apply for a L-1A/L1-B visa for him which is an inter company transfer to a job in the US. While he is here on L-1 you can then file AOS.
        Agree, this can be the fastest one for him to be with the wife and babe.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorias View Post
          I see.. well, since they didn't get married in the US, I wonder technically if they can still be viewed as unmarried in the US and apply for fiancé visa?? Maybe they need to consult a lawyer.

- - - Updated - - -
          Nope. A legal marriage in any other country cant technically be considered unmarried in the US. It might not be valid for immigration purposes like polygamous marriages but it is still considered a marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorias View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, this can be the fastest one for him to be with the wife and babe.

We were married in Vegas

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for posting this. I started reading about it but it seems he needs to have a pending offer. Thats not the case at the moment so we've just decided to go the 130/485 route and just try to make visits as much as possible. I really really appreciate everyones help! Thank you all!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X