Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I go for consular processing, home country or country of residence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I go for consular processing, home country or country of residence?

Hello,

I am an Irish citizen but I currently live and work in Dubai. My husband has just filed the i-130.
    I am not sure what country my application will be processed or where I will go for interviews etc.
    Does it have to be my home country or the country I am currently residing in. Or do I get a choice?
    I would rather do this in Dubai as it would be easier getting to the embassy etc. because I live here.
    Having to travel back to Ireland for this would be quite awkward as I am a teacher.

Appreciate any feed back!

Thanks

Your submitted I-130 should have indicated which Consulate and location you intend to be processed in. You need to stick to whichever your husband reported on page 8. #62.a. adn 62.c.

Once reported on the I-130, it becomes very difficult to change.

--Ray B

Originally posted by emmalauren92 View Post
    Hello,

I am an Irish citizen but I currently live and work in Dubai. My husband has just filed the i-130.
    I am not sure what country my application will be processed or where I will go for interviews etc.
    Does it have to be my home country or the country I am currently residing in. Or do I get a choice?
    I would rather do this in Dubai as it would be easier getting to the embassy etc. because I live here.
    Having to travel back to Ireland for this would be quite awkward as I am a teacher.

Appreciate any feed back!

Thanks

Comment

Thank you very much for your response. Yes I just double checked and he has written Dubai in that section.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X