October filiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apk120490 View Post
    After seeing some folks here that touch 120 days, i would say you are half way there
    I m in 129days now and have been waiting for the interview notice since Nov,09 ,2017.

Comment

After seeing some folks here that touch 120 days, i would say you are half way there
      Lol exactly! !

Comment

• Originally posted by janekwong View Post
        I m in 129days now and have been waiting for the interview notice since Nov,09 ,2017.
        I believe many people have been waiting around that many days just for the GC ead! Any ball park # of days people generally wait for interview notice? Like its 90 days (supposedly) for Ead.

Comment

• New update

Hello,
          I'm applying from MA, my PD is 10/15/2017
          I got my EAD about 1 month ago and today I received a new update about my case i485: "Name was updated" but my name was always right. lol
          I don't know what that means. Has anyone here received an update like this?

God help us.
          Last edited by Evandro; 02-10-2018, 04:38 PM.
          LaVittaEbella

Comment

I believe many people have been waiting around that many days just for the GC ead! Any ball park # of days people generally wait for interview notice? Like its 90 days (supposedly) for Ead.
            Not only them,I?m filing from NBC and it has been 120 days today,I heard someone on this thread that has been waiting 150,so I guess it?s going to be a long dang journey for many of us,I do believe it?s got a lot to do with the so called ?dreamers? remember that in September they rescind DACA,all the petitions were sped up,because when I sent the package and within a week I had biometrics appointment,when usually took a month and a half when I applied for U status when DACA was in effect;I?ve been waiting almost 4 years to get legal and it seems all the centers are backlogged due to DACA

Comment

• 6 months wait for EAD, really?

So I called to check on status of SR filed on 01/02. Agent transferred me to speak with a Tier 2 agent to find out why there hasn't been any response on my case. It has been 124 days now. Tier two agent suggest that we remain patient, says they're backed up and that the wait time is no longer 90 days but can now last up to 6 months. Overall, he seemed like a sweet old man but come on! it seems really unfair that some of us have to go through this
              I130 PD: 02/13/17-- approval 09/07/17
              I485 PD: 02/13/17
              I131, I765 PD: 10/12/17
              Biometrics scheduled 11/06/17--walked in 10/30/17
              SR: 01/02/18- still waiting for response
              Contacted Ombudsman:03/13/18
              Ombudsman Response: 03/21/18
              RFE: 03/23/18

Comment

• The Same

Originally posted by waiting&praying View Post
                So I called to check on status of SR filed on 01/02. Agent transferred me to speak with a Tier 2 agent to find out why there hasn't been any response on my case. It has been 124 days now. Tier two agent suggest that we remain patient, says they're backed up and that the wait time is no longer 90 days but can now last up to 6 months. Overall, he seemed like a sweet old man but come on! it seems really unfair that some of us have to go through this
                This is basically what my lawyers office was told when they called last week for the same thing. She said they said they are unusually backlogged but they had everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by waiting&praying View Post
                  124 days and counting 👎 like I said ?dreamers? have backlogged all our cases,we all dreamers not only them,I?ve waited 4 years to get a chance to become legal,10 years living in the states and they?re giving priority to some people that just jump the fence? That?s BS folks,I did work in the farms doing stuff that very few are willing to do,it?s unbelievable

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
                    124 days and counting 👎 like I said ?dreamers? have backlogged all our cases,we all dreamers not only them,I?ve waited 4 years to get a chance to become legal,10 years living in the states and they?re giving priority to some people that just jump the fence? That?s BS folks,I did work in the farms doing stuff that very few are willing to do,it?s unbelievable
                    I find this offensive. I get that you're frustrated, this is a frustrating process but perhaps the blame should be placed onto the systems that create the backlogs. The fact there isnt enough staff to process? I don't know, but it doesn't strike me as fair to blame those who are equally entitled to apply as you are and who have probably waited longer. Whether they 'jumped the fence' or were brought here as babies or whatever, they're entitled. What majes you think that you are more deserving? Instead of sounding off about how unfair it is that you're having to wait a bit longer perhaps have some compassion and understanding. I'll happily wait longer if it means people who have been here and paid into the system for years and served in the military etc can remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by arbrts View Post
                      This is basically what my lawyers office was told when they called last week for the same thing. She said they said they are unusually backlogged but they had everything.
                      Did they say how long it could take?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
                      I know it's really frustrating, they need to come up with a better way of doing things tho. Now they saying we could be waiting for 6mths...smh
                      I130 PD: 02/13/17-- approval 09/07/17
                      I485 PD: 02/13/17
                      I131, I765 PD: 10/12/17
                      Biometrics scheduled 11/06/17--walked in 10/30/17
                      SR: 01/02/18- still waiting for response
                      Contacted Ombudsman:03/13/18
                      Ombudsman Response: 03/21/18
                      RFE: 03/23/18

Comment

• to anyone who has submitted a SR on their case. I was notified that I will hear back by Feb 21. How do they get back to you, do they email you or send you a letter or anything? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
                          I find this offensive. I get that you're frustrated, this is a frustrating process but perhaps the blame should be placed onto the systems that create the backlogs. The fact there isnt enough staff to process? I don't know, but it doesn't strike me as fair to blame those who are equally entitled to apply as you are and who have probably waited longer. Whether they 'jumped the fence' or were brought here as babies or whatever, they're entitled. What majes you think that you are more deserving? Instead of sounding off about how unfair it is that you're having to wait a bit longer perhaps have some compassion and understanding. I'll happily wait longer if it means people who have been here and paid into the system for years and served in the military etc can remain.
                          Offensive? I did work hard for my place here unlike many people that just got off a plane and went to do an easy job,I busted my back,under high temperatures,in the lemon and oranges fields,tobacco,and tomato ones;jobs that only not many men would do how many dreamers would be willing to do? It?s easier to enjoy the free ride isn?t? WIC? even when I had rough times financially I did choose to work for food,I didn?t ask Uncle Sam anything unlike other people that love to get stuff for free.i do help my community by volunteering as translator,I also volunteer at Salvation Army and the VFD;I?ve seen people that can afford more than food and still get all the aid they can get,it?s free how sweet is that? I?ve lived in the states almost 11 years and I?ve tried hard to join the military,you name the branches I spoke to every single recruiter.Im currently attending college sponsored by my boss,whom I?ve worked for 7 years,he said I earned it for being loyal and working hard,he?s got connections and papers weren?t needed,I?m also a parent and husband and I got a dream,so that word would fit more for many others immigrants out there that are givers and not takers,that are wishing to earn their place here by doing something and not being big mouths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
                            Offensive? I did work hard for my place here unlike many people that just got off a plane and went to do an easy job,I busted my back,under high temperatures,in the lemon and oranges fields,tobacco,and tomato ones;jobs that only not many men would do how many dreamers would be willing to do? It?s easier to enjoy the free ride isn?t? WIC? even when I had rough times financially I did choose to work for food,I didn?t ask Uncle Sam anything unlike other people that love to get stuff for free.i do help my community by volunteering as translator,I also volunteer at Salvation Army and the VFD;I?ve seen people that can afford more than food and still get all the aid they can get,it?s free how sweet is that? I?ve lived in the states almost 11 years and I?ve tried hard to join the military,you name the branches I spoke to every single recruiter.Im currently attending college sponsored by my boss,whom I?ve worked for 7 years,he said I earned it for being loyal and working hard,he?s got connections and papers weren?t needed,I?m also a parent and husband and I got a dream,so that word would fit more for many others immigrants out there that are givers and not takers,that are wishing to earn their place here by doing something and not being big mouths.
                            Look ,we are all in the same boat and we aim for the same goal throughout this process.We dont gain anything by attacking each other.Let?s be more supportive to each other .i understand your frustration and everybody has made his/her choice,no one is forcing us to be here at the end of the day and yes,life can be unfair sometimes.I hope we all get finalize this process successfully.Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
                              And by the way you really want to know what?s offensive? Veterans that bled and almost die ,for you to walk in the streets safe,not getting the help they really need,if you intend to become American citizen you should prove your loyalty to this country,if not,I?ll call you hypocrite.I do believe that many kids that were brought here when kids deserve a chance,we all do,but only the ones that are not takers;sadly lots of people live on welfare in their home countries and think is ok to come here and do the same.My parents raised me to be self-sufficient,I grew up seeing both of my parents work hard to feed us,never needed anything from anybody,that?s how it should be,you want kids? Provide for them! Don?t excpect Medicaid and WIC do it for you.

Comment

• Have faith!!! Don't go insane <3

Originally posted by Jabalin05 View Post
                                And by the way you really want to know what?s offensive? Veterans that bled and almost die ,for you to walk in the streets safe,not getting the help they really need,if you intend to become American citizen you should prove your loyalty to this country,if not,I?ll call you hypocrite.I do believe that many kids that were brought here when kids deserve a chance,we all do,but only the ones that are not takers;sadly lots of people live on welfare in their home countries and think is ok to come here and do the same.My parents raised me to be self-sufficient,I grew up seeing both of my parents work hard to feed us,never needed anything from anybody,that?s how it should be,you want kids? Provide for them! Don?t excpect Medicaid and WIC do it for you.
                                I know it's unfair that you're waiting for so long but all I can say is Nothing beats a prayer! And take comfort in that everything really does happen for a reason. Obstacles build character and they're just there for you to overcome. So keep praying it will happen!
                                PD: 10/11/17
                                Received texts for I130,I765 and I485: 10/18/17
                                Received paper receipts in mail: 10/25/17
                                Received biometrics appointment notice: 11/03/17
                                Received Courtesy letter for I693: 11/13/17
                                Biometrics appointment: 11/14/17 (walk-in)
                                Filed AP: 12/12/17
                                Received email and text notifications for AP:12/14/17
                                Received AP receipt: 12/26/17
                                Received EAD approval notice: 12/26/17
                                EAD card in hand: 12/28/17

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X