Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Undelivered

Hello all,

I have been approved of my permanent residency in the US based on marriage after the long application and interview process, however, I still have not received the card in mail yet.

While it was being shipped out, I was in a process of moving and they were delivered back to the USCIS as undeliverable.

After having to wait for 30 days after requesting for the status update, I asked for it to re-ship it to my new address.

I received a mail after about 5 days saying that I should be receiving my card within 30 days.

I called USCIS to receive tracking number and status update because it has been about 24 days and I still haven't received anything yet.

They said they do not have the tracking number but if I don't receive anything by 10/25 (30days mark) then call them back.

The thing is I have an international trip planned during the second week of November to Cancun with my husband.

If I do not receive my card by then, what can I do or what will happen?

I have a travel permit that is supposed to expire by next February (I applied & was approved while applying for green card). I am not sure if it's still valid and will come in handy for this trip.

Can I use that instead? Since I was approved of my green card, I already have the approval letter as well as the green card number but the only thing I am missing is the physical card.

What would you advise me to do at this point? Our trips are not refundable. Has anyone experienced the same thing before?

Thank you!!!

You could go to the local field office and try to get a I551 stamp in your passport. That is the green card.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X