Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing for both parents at the same time 130's and 864's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for both parents at the same time 130's and 864's?

Hi,

So I've managed to confuse myself as to what the process is, and what forms I need to fill out for them both. I'm about to become a US citizen through naturalization (waiting for interview). Once complete, I would like to bring my parents over to live in the USA, they are retired, and currently live in the UK with no visas or anything at the moment. This is what I believe the process to be, please can someone confirm or correct me:

I-130 for each parent, cross refraining the other parent in the relevant section.

I-864 this I'm not clear on, 1 each or 1 for both? It seems I can't do the EZ version, and the regular version seems to have the box's to include both?

There will be 5 in the household including them, so that's, $35,975 from the 2017 poverty limits, so I presume I need to be able to support twice that as there are 2 people I'm sponsoring, not that they need me to sponsor them at all in reality.

Do I send the I-864's with the I-103's all in one package?

As they are living in the UK, I believe it will be consular processing? So once the I-30's are processed they will hear from the US Embassy in the UK? Is that how it works?

What comes after that?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Originally posted by jobybett View Post
    I-864 this I'm not clear on, 1 each or 1 for both? It seems I can't do the EZ version, and the regular version seems to have the box's to include both?
    1 for each. You can use the EZ version as long as you are not counting a household member's income (i.e. you are only counting your own income).

There will be 5 in the household including them, so that's, $35,975 from the 2017 poverty limits, so I presume I need to be able to support twice that as there are 2 people I'm sponsoring, not that they need me to sponsor them at all in reality.
    I am not sure how you are counting it, but it should be the number of people in your household plus the immigrant (there will only be 1 immigrant on each I-864). So if your family has 4 people (e.g. you, a spouse, and 2 dependent children), then add 1 immigrant and it will be 5, yes. And that amount is the amount that your current income should meet. (In reality, counting both immigrants, it would be 6, and the officer might consider that, but for the purposes of each I-864 form, only 1 immigrant is counted.)

Do I send the I-864's with the I-103's all in one package?
    No. The I-864 is not involved at this point. Send the I-130s, and the I-864s will only be requested at the consular processing stage.

As they are living in the UK, I believe it will be consular processing? So once the I-30's are processed they will hear from the US Embassy in the UK? Is that how it works?
    Yes, basically.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply, I was counting my spouse and dependent kid, then both parents to make 5, so I actually want to use 4 as the number and just keep 1 parent per form.

2 more questions if I may

So really each parent is a totally separate submission, but I guess I still need to list the other parent in the i-130 Part 4 spouse section 21a, but do I also list them in the "Info about beneficiary's family section" 25a? Do I also list myself there as well?

And for the beneficiary - Other Address and Contact Information I assume that I have to put my US address even though they intend to go buy there own house, as obviously we don't know where they will buy once they get here?

Thanks again!

Comment

So really each parent is a totally separate submission, but I guess I still need to list the other parent in the i-130 Part 4 spouse section 21a
        yes

, but do I also list them in the "Info about beneficiary's family section" 25a?
        yes

Do I also list myself there as well?
        yes

And for the beneficiary - Other Address and Contact Information I assume that I have to put my US address even though they intend to go buy there own house, as obviously we don't know where they will buy once they get here?
        sure

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X