AOS package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS package

I am now getting ready to send my AOS package with my soon-to-be husband.
    I am still a bit unclear about some stuff, if you could help clarify, that would be greatly appreciated!

1) In all of the forms, if it does not pertain to us, do we just put N A and then add a / by hand (since I can't seem to do that on PDF) for stuff like Interpreter's name, etc. or do we just leave it blank? If you put NAs, do you fill out every single line or just the top one of every item?

2) On the last part of form, where you have to list additional information (which happens to me in most forms because I have had lots of different addresses throughout the last 5 years). How do you list them? I know it is whatever page and part, but what about the item number? I am not sure how to describe that.

3) We are filing I-130 concurrently with I-485 and I-765, do we need a G-1145 for each or can we just put one after the cover letter for the whole package?

4) It is my understanding that G352A is no longer required?

5) My fiance is my only sponsor and I am the only one he is sponsoring. Do we just fill out I-864EZ? There won't be any fees for that while filing in the US, right?

6) Do I (the beneficiary) NEED to have I-693 completed by a civil surgeon before we send the package, meaning, we send it together with the application? Or does that happen later?

7) Just to be completely sure, we only need to send checks for $535 for I-130 and $1225 for I-485 and biometrics? No other fees are required? Keep in mind that we are sending I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-693, I-864EZ, and I-765 togetgher. I don't think I have a good enough reason to apply for I-131, hence the lack of said application. Are we missing any forms?

Sorry about all the questions, we just want to be absolutely sure about this process and would love to hear from experience.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by kev.24 View Post
    I am still a bit unclear about some stuff, if you could help clarify, that would be greatly appreciated!

1) In all of the forms, if it does not pertain to us, do we just put N A and then add a / by hand (since I can't seem to do that on PDF) for stuff like Interpreter's name, etc. or do we just leave it blank? If you put NAs, do you fill out every single line or just the top one of every item?
    Write it by hand or turn off JavaScript in Acrobat Reader and type it in.

2) On the last part of form, where you have to list additional information (which happens to me in most forms because I have had lots of different addresses throughout the last 5 years). How do you list them? I know it is whatever page and part, but what about the item number? I am not sure how to describe that.
    Not sure. I think you can just choose any one of the item numbers.

3) We are filing I-130 concurrently with I-485 and I-765, do we need a G-1145 for each or can we just put one after the cover letter for the whole package?
    Just one.

Correct, if you are using the latest editions of the forms (which are the only editions currently accepted).

5) My fiance is my only sponsor and I am the only one he is sponsoring. Do we just fill out I-864EZ? There won't be any fees for that while filing in the US, right?
    Correct

6) Do I (the beneficiary) NEED to have I-693 completed by a civil surgeon before we send the package, meaning, we send it together with the application? Or does that happen later?
    You should send it with the initial package. It could be sent later when they ask for it, but that may delay the process and there is no benefit to doing that.

7) Just to be completely sure, we only need to send checks for $535 for I-130 and $1225 for I-485 and biometrics? No other fees are required? Keep in mind that we are sending I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-693, I-864EZ, and I-765 togetgher.
    Correct

I don't think I have a good enough reason to apply for I-131, hence the lack of said application.
    You don't need any reason to apply for Advance Parole as an AOS applicant.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your answers nwacct. Everything seems a little bit clearer now.
      I was able to turn off Javascript. Do I put N/A on everything I can't answer, or should I leave it blank? For example with the interpreter part, I didn't use any. Should I just put N/A on the first 3 spots (for name) and then leave the rest blank, or just leave everything blank?
      I put N/A on everything else that I can't answer. Lots of N/As, especially for middle names, etc.

I guess the reason why I said that about I-131 is because after reading the instructions, it seemed like I NEEDED to have a compelling reason to leave the country; i.e. death of a family member.
      Can I just say I am going on a honey moon, then? What if I don't have specific plans, but I want to have it either way (just in case)? It ask for an intended date for leaving.

Thank you again!

Comment

I guess the reason why I said that about I-131 is because after reading the instructions, it seemed like I NEEDED to have a compelling reason to leave the country; i.e. death of a family member.
        Can I just say I am going on a honey moon, then? What if I don't have specific plans, but I want to have it either way (just in case)? It ask for an intended date for leaving.

Thank you again!
        You dont need to reason on i-131. look at instructions again. I believe it tells you to skip that section unless filing for DACA AP

Comment

Thank you for your answers nwacct. Everything seems a little bit clearer now.
          I was able to turn off Javascript. Do I put N/A on everything I can't answer, or should I leave it blank? For example with the interpreter part, I didn't use any. Should I just put N/A on the first 3 spots (for name) and then leave the rest blank, or just leave everything blank?
          I put N/A on everything else that I can't answer. Lots of N/As, especially for middle names, etc.
          I think that if it's obvious from the immediately preceding response that you won't have an answer, then you can leave it blank. One N/A should be enough for the interpreter part. You just want to make sure they don't think you accidentally left out an answer; if there is no way they would think you left out a particular answer, then you can leave it blank.

You don't "say" anything -- you are not asked for a reason. For the date of departure and length, just put "Unknown" or "TBD".

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
            You dont need to reason on i-131. look at instructions again. I believe it tells you to skip that section unless filing for DACA AP
            Thank you! I just saw that. I filled it out and will send it with the rest of the package.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=newacct;529524]I think that if it's obvious from the immediately preceding response that you won't have an answer, then you can leave it blank. One N/A should be enough for the interpreter part. You just want to make sure they don't think you accidentally left out an answer; if there is no way they would think you left out a particular answer, then you can leave it blank.

That makes sense. Thank you for your great help!

Comment

7) Just to be completely sure, we only need to send checks for $535 for I-130 and $1225 for I-485 and biometrics? No other fees are required? Keep in mind that we are sending I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-693, I-864EZ, and I-765 togetgher. I don't think I have a good enough reason to apply for I-131, hence the lack of said application. Are we missing any forms?

Sorry about all the questions, we just want to be absolutely sure about this process and would love to hear from experience.

Thank you in advance.
              1. Put a BIG N/A across all lines.
              2.Make a table like the one they have and fill it in on a blank page.
              3.one cover letter can suffice. There is several examples on this forum.
              4. Yes
              5. Use i-864. No fee
              6. You dont need to send it with package. In fact wait to do it until you have interview scheduled or you receive an RFE.
              7. Yes those are the correct fees and no other fees. On i-131 it costs nothing but a little extra time and 2 passport pictures. Yet it can be very very handy in case of an emergency. Would recommend to everyone to file it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X