Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI life time or expires with your (US) passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI life time or expires with your (US) passport?

Hey IH peeps,
    First off, Happy Diwali!

Seeing a lot of conflicting info about the OCI validity. So, as the title suggests, is the new (machine readable) OCI life time(as the IC/MEA suggests) or does it expire with your passport(10 years)?

TIA
    SK

Originally posted by krisk17 View Post
    Hey IH peeps,
    First off, Happy Diwali!

Seeing a lot of conflicting info about the OCI validity. So, as the title suggests, is the new (machine readable) OCI life time(as the IC/MEA suggests) or does it expire with your passport(10 years)?

TIA
    SK
    The new OCI cards do not expire. They just must be used with a current valid passport.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Until you're 50 /compare-oci-card-with-pio-card/

Comment

Muchas Gracias Trinity71 and inadmissible

Comment

You never have to renewal your OCI (re-issue) when the passport expired or hit to your age of 50. I understand that on everywhere said reissue of age of 50, but you can ignore it at all, at the custom, they cannot rejet you with the valid visa with valid passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
            The new OCI cards do not expire. They just must be used with a current valid passport.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
            For PIO cards also they told same thing before.. it wont expire..

See now!!

Comment

OCI process

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post

Trinity71
              since u did yr OCI card..do u know anyone helping like a comany or person who can c guide and help to get all the paper work which is very confusing..if u know anyone.pls let ,me know..thks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X