Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Medical Expired- Interview today

Hello everyone,
    I had my interview for my I-485 today in Houston. My interview was rescheduled from last month due to Hurricane Harvey. During the interview the IO asked me for an updated medical and I didnt have one (only the one I sent in with the original application). He told me not to worry its going to be a super easy process, all I had to do was go back to the same clinic and have them give me an updated one and also get the new gonorrhea test. I called my the clinic and they said I have to get the entire medical done again for $250. This seems contrary to what the IO told me. He approved my I-130 and said he would have approved my I-485 also if I had an updated medical.

I had a few questions, if anyone here has gone through this. I wish I had asked the IO during the interview:
    1. Do I have to get the vaccinations done again as well?
    2. Do I have to get the whole medical done again or just have the surgeon give me an updated form using the information from the old one?
    3. Does $250 sound about right to you guys? I had paid $190 last time just for the medical. The vaccinations were covered under my medical insurance and there was no gonorrhea test requirement at the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by brzz View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I had my interview for my I-485 today in Houston. My interview was rescheduled from last month due to Hurricane Harvey. During the interview the IO asked me for an updated medical and I didnt have one (only the one I sent in with the original application). He told me not to worry its going to be a super easy process, all I had to do was go back to the same clinic and have them give me an updated one and also get the new gonorrhea test. I called my the clinic and they said I have to get the entire medical done again for $250. This seems contrary to what the IO told me. He approved my I-130 and said he would have approved my I-485 also if I had an updated medical.

I had a few questions, if anyone here has gone through this. I wish I had asked the IO during the interview:
    2. Do I have to get the whole medical done again or just have the surgeon give me an updated form using the information from the old one?
    3. Does $250 sound about right to you guys? I had paid $190 last time just for the medical. The vaccinations were covered under my medical insurance and there was no gonorrhea test requirement at the time.

Yes, You have to get everything again, $250 sound about right

Comment

I know just the std test alone is about $100. So that doesn't seem bad.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Just my humble opinion.. u cant just shoot yourself with vaccinations twice!!!! Some are ment once in a lifetime, they can hurt u! I was vaccinated all required once as a child and NO GC is worth playing with my healt. Def wouldnt do all again!!! No matter what any imig. Officer says.. hes no doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamerdancer42 View Post
          Just my humble opinion.. u cant just shoot yourself with vaccinations twice!!!! Some are ment once in a lifetime, they can hurt u! I was vaccinated all required once as a child and NO GC is worth playing with my healt. Def wouldnt do all again!!! No matter what any imig. Officer says.. hes no doctor
          The clinic should have a record of the vaccinations so that wouldn't be necessary. As should you in your copy of the form.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I had the same situation. My interview was September 19. The officer asked for the updated one, and my personal bank statements. I just paid $25 to get the updated medical test. I sent all my documents to the USCIS and until now still waiting. I don't know how long is the process and when we should get a response. Because the officer said you will get your finial decision based on the documents that you will send.

Comment

Thank you every one for your help and responses. It makes me feel better knowing the $250 is right and that I do have to get everything done again. I will get that done asap.

damin01 - your response said you paid $25 to get the updated medical report? Can you please elaborate how did you only pay $25 - was your medical expired? Thanks

Comment

Thank you every one for your help and responses. It makes me feel better knowing the $250 is right and that I do have to get everything done again. I will get that done asap.

damin01 - your response said you paid $25 to get the updated medical report? Can you please elaborate how did you only pay $25 - was your medical expired? Thanks
                It is probably an option that the clinic damin01 went to has. Yours may not have that option.

Comment

Yes , mine was expired and I just paid $25. The doctor told me she will just give me A new medical report without doing any test.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X