expired green card after mistake by USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expired green card after mistake by USCIS

I am a permanent resident with a green card expired on 08/16. Since I got married 04/16 I renewed my GC with my new last name. In the meantime I got an extension to my current GC to 03/17. I got a the new card 10/16 but it had my old last name (mistake of USCIS) and filed a new I90 to correct the mistake in 11/16. I have had a biometric exam 02/17 but it is 10/17 and I still do not have a renewed GC with my new last name and I am worried I cannot visit my home country without the renewed GC.

Originally posted by dc82 View Post
    I am a permanent resident with a green card expired on 08/16. Since I got married 04/16 I renewed my GC with my new last name. In the meantime I got an extension to my current GC to 03/17. I got a the new card 10/16 but it had my old last name (mistake of USCIS) and filed a new I90 to correct the mistake in 11/16. I have had a biometric exam 02/17 but it is 10/17 and I still do not have a renewed GC with my new last name and I am worried I cannot visit my home country without the renewed GC.
    I had a similar case. I just received my green card, and my new last name was not added to it either. I mentioned I changed my name during interview, and the officer noted down, so I thought they will change it for me.. However, the good thing for me is I haven't changed my passport, so if I travel outside of US, I think my passport and GC will match. Not sure if they have record for Social Security? Hope someone can answer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X