Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my spouse wait abroad during the spouse visa processing time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my spouse wait abroad during the spouse visa processing time?

Hello, my husband (US citizen) and I (Brazilian citizen) got married in August 2017, while I was on a tourist visa in Seattle. Since I am still under the 2 year rule from my previous J-1 visa, I had to return to Brazil and I will stay here during the 10 months I have left. We decided to apply for a spouse visa while I wait this period in Brazil. However, we found out that are different options for a spouse visa ( K1 & CR1 and IR1). Also, my husband wants to come to Brazil and stay this period with me. My question is: Which visa would be a better option for us? And, is that possible he comes to Brazil and waits with me? Or he needs to be in US during the spouse visa processing time? Do you know if when he receives a mail regarding this process, he will also be emailed as well? For example, after he starts the process, will my husband also be notified in his email account when USCIS mails the approval notice to his address? I am asking because if he comes to Brazil, he will need to know when the documents will be issued to him.
    Thank you so much!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X