using I140 from an old employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using I140 from an old employer

I worked for firm A from 2011 to 2014 and they applied for my I140 - approved in 2014
    Then I switched to company B in 2015 and applied for I140 again- approved in 2017
    Now I am planning to move to employer C using my I140 from company B for H1b extension.

However I found out yesterday that company B is in process of acquisition by a bigger brand. So it will cease to exist as an independent company in about 2 months.

My question is:

1. If company B closes down / or gets bought out - is my approved I140 still valid for future H1b extension with company C ?

2. If not, Can I use my I140 approval from Company A to apply for H1b extension with company C? ( Company A did not revoke my I140)

Thanks

I140 Approved going back to india

Hi
    I am completing my 6 years of H1B in 2018 Jan and I have got my i140 approved from Employer A. I am planning to go back to India with Employer B and the plan is to come back to USA after 3 years. Now my question is -
    1. Do I need to transfer my I140 with Employer B ?
    2. If yes, can I come back to US in future without lottery process.
    3. Up to how many years can I stay outside USA ?
    4. What if I change from Employer B to Employer C in India, will i still be able to come US ?

please suggest, Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaurav Saxena View Post
      Hi
      I am completing my 6 years of H1B in 2018 Jan and I have got my i140 approved from Employer A. I am planning to go back to India with Employer B and the plan is to come back to USA after 3 years. Now my question is -
      1. Do I need to transfer my I140 with Employer B ?
      2. If yes, can I come back to US in future without lottery process.
      3. Up to how many years can I stay outside USA ?
      4. What if I change from Employer B to Employer C in India, will i still be able to come US ?

please suggest, Thanks in Advance.
      Why hijack an existing thread? Please post a new one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X