Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apostille birth certificate for OCI Card

Hi,
    I was looking at the document checklist for OCI card and it states that birth certificate has to be apostilled. Is it true ? From google searches, it only comes up if we are applying for OCI in India.

Text from CKGS checklist

Birth Certificate (if born outside India)
    For applicants born outside of India, a photocopy of the birth certificate OR any government issued document that shows the following must be provided:-
    Parents' Name
    Date of Birth
    Nationality
    If the applicant is applying through parents, and one parent was born outside India, then please provide the Birth Certificate and Passport copy of the parent born outside India.
    Birth Certificate has to be apostilled
    Attached Files

OP, Did you find out if this was actually needed?

Comment

How did you get the birth certificate apostilled?

Hi,
      CKGS is insisting on getting the birth certficate apostilled for a new OCI application of the minor and is not agreeing on a notary.

Did anyone experience the same thing that one needs to apostille the birth certificate before submitting to CKGS?
      If so, how long does the process take and how do you get it done?

Regards

Comment

Yes, it is needed

Comment

srivatsag/Others,

I am looking for same information, is apostilled birth certificate needed to apply for OCI in US?

Appreciate any info on this.

Thanks

Comment

Did any of you guys figure out if apostille is really required for birth certificate. CKGS insists that it is, but I am wondering if it is "recommended" as opposed to "required". It is a PITA to get this

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X