Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN rejected and revoked but H1 approved

Background of my situation:
    Hello, I'am a Canadian citizen and I was wondering if I could get some help with my TN and H1 visa here. So, I had been working in US under TN status(Systems Analyst) since march 2014. However, recently when i got a new job, I had to apply for another TN status as Systems Analyst again. This time, the immigration officer rejected my TN application and told me that I do not qualify for TN status because of my business administration degree (but i wonder how they approve it before and i renewed it twice in past almost 4 years) and to make things worse, he also revoked my valid TN that I already had for my old employer. So, my company lawyer suggested that I should apply for TN at the consulate instead at POE. When I applied for new TN at US consulate in Montreal, my case has been under administrative processing for past 7 weeks and they re-opened my last TN case that was approved my USCIS. During all this, my H1-B (change of status from TN to H1)for this year also got approved and I have I-797 approval notice on hand with me. So my questions are the following:

1) How long it takes them to complete the administrative process
    2) How long it takes them to complete the process when they re-open an approved TN case
    3) Can I go to the POE with my approval notice I-797 for H1 interview and get H1 stamped while my TN application is in process. Should I wait for them to process my TN application or should I go ahead and try to get H1 stamped.

Thank you, I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X