Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa- Application For Financial Affidavit Form

I am trying to get clarification...

Question 1) I have a 19 yr old daughter who lives with me, works part-time, and files her own taxes. She is NOT claimed as a dependent on my taxes.

When completing the Affidavit Of Financial Support to accompany my K1 Fiancee Visa Application, do you include dependents who are still (Partially Financially dependent on you) Or because they cannot be claimed as a dependent on your taxes do you omit them as a dependent on the affidavit form?

Question 2) I am divorced, and have a 9 year old who lives with me primarily. The x husband is supposed to provide 56.07 per month in child support which he hasnt paid in over 9 months... When it asks if my dependent is fully or partially dependent on me financially do i say Partially as i'm supposed to get a small percentage?

I appreciate any information you can provide...

It is not clear and any guidance would be appreciated.
    Sincerely
    Terry Lyn Kelty

Originally posted by whitelilacrose View Post
    I am trying to get clarification...

Question 1) I have a 19 yr old daughter who lives with me, works part-time, and files her own taxes. She is NOT claimed as a dependent on my taxes.

When completing the Affidavit Of Financial Support to accompany my K1 Fiancee Visa Application, do you include dependents who are still (Partially Financially dependent on you) Or because they cannot be claimed as a dependent on your taxes do you omit them as a dependent on the affidavit form?

Question 2) I am divorced, and have a 9 year old who lives with me primarily. The x husband is supposed to provide 56.07 per month in child support which he hasnt paid in over 9 months... When it asks if my dependent is fully or partially dependent on me financially do i say Partially as i'm supposed to get a small percentage?

I appreciate any information you can provide...

It is not clear and any guidance would be appreciated.
    Sincerely
    Terry Lyn Kelty
    1. If she's not dependent on your tax returns, she doesn't need to be mentioned in the I-134. If she was under 18, then yes, you would need to. Nows, she old enough and filing her own.
    2. If you have primary custody, I would say your child is "wholly" dependent on you. Even if you get child support or not. Besides, your child support income isn't mentioned on your tax returns either.

contact me if you have further questions.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X