Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does the K1 stay valid?

Good afternoon all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I'm trying to find out as much as possible about various Visas.

After a successful petition, and interview and the K1 visa has been issued, I understand the one must get married within 90 days of entering the United States.
    What I cant seem to find is how long the K1 is valid for?

Is there a length of time that one must enter the states before the K1 is no longer useable?

I assume there is one?

Thanks very much,

You can use the visa to enter the US any time up to and including the day the visa expires. K-1 visas are usually valid for 6 months.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

K-1 visa is typically issued valid for 6 months

Comment

Thank you for the information.

Once the Visa is issued, can I still enter the US on an ESTA as a visitor on holiday or once the visa is issued will it automatically be used the next time I enter the states?

Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by jmorrisson1990 View Post
          Thank you for the information.

Once the Visa is issued, can I still enter the US on an ESTA as a visitor on holiday or once the visa is issued will it automatically be used the next time I enter the states?

Thank you all.
          Theoretically, yes. But there have been stories where the officer got confused and admitted them on K1 anyway because he saw the visa in the passport.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X